This fourth module of the SeasonREADY training material (6 modules) is dedicated to reception services in tourist and hotel facilities. The receptionist carries out the fundamental activity of welcoming the client, and his duties concern both organisational-administrative and logistical aspects such as carrying out the procedures for receiving and registering bookings, welcoming the client, interpreting and satisfying his particular requests, and promptly resolving problems or errors detected. The reception is to be considered the neuralgic centre of a hotel, facilitating interactions between customers and other departments, eventually playing a key role in the success of the business. Among the various topics in the module, the media literacy and active listening topics are discussed in depth.
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- understand the daily procedures and operations of the reception services of a hotel;
- understand why customer service and support is so important;
- familiarise with the retail operations of the reception services;
- understand the role of reception in a SMHE;
- learn the principles of effective communication with other departments;
- gain basic knowledge about the use of computer systems in reception operations.
The material includes theory, methods, approaches, reflection and practical application exercises, self-assessment exercises and external resources.
- vocational training;
- non-formal education;
- disadvantaged targets & areas;
- skills & competencies.
Employers, in-house trainers, VET trainers, managers
Info & contacts
DG of reference
Erasmus+ Key Action 2 Strategic Partnership in the field of VET