CESIE is a European centre of studies and initiatives established in 2001, inspired by the work and theories of sociologist Danilo Dolci (1924-1997).
To promote educational innovation, participation and growth.
The world is only one creature.
The World is a pomegranate
CESIE’s pomegranate symbolises the ‘fruitful’ unity of people and groups growing together under the same peel. CESIE’s pomegranate grows on all types of grounds becoming for us symbol of prosperity in education.
CESIE breaks with an ethnocentric global drive and focuses on individuals and diversity.
Doing so, we apply the teaching of Danilo Dolci who developed innovative educational nonviolent methods (such as the “strike in reverse” –working without pay- through which individuals initiated unauthorized public works projects, by and for the grass-roots in the ‘50 in Sicily).
CESIE’s world is upside-down!
Building on our experience and coherently to our story, we experience the possibility to overturn dynamics and approaches, aiming at a smarter and more sustainable worldwide future educational cooperation.
Our Activities are tailored for the following main target groups:
individuals with a wide range of qualifications, skills and professional profiles
interns and volunteers who join us every year
President and Director: Vito La Fata | Vice Director: Marie Marzloff | Vice President: Daniele La Rocca
Rita Quisillo e Silvia Ciaperoni
Higher Education and Research:
Rights and Justice:
Noemi De Luca
Daria La Barbera
Giuseppe La Farina
Rita Quisillo e Silvia Ciaperoni
Finance & Administration:
Visibility & Communication:
Moreover, CESIE benefits from a broad network of partners with more than 3000 civil society organisations, universities, schools, research centres, public authorities and private entities, youth centres, companies and entrepreneurs in the world.
Along with other institutions and organisations, CESIE is currently implementing over 120 projects in more than 80 countries.
CESIE is accredited by the Region of Sicily for Orientation of Vocational Education and Training, with macro-typology of Higher Education and lifelong learning (LLL) for “development, introduction and implementation of reforms in education and training to increase integration and develop employability”, and therefore eligible as accreditation, certification and/or qualification body.
Our projects are co-funded by:
Work programme 2014 - 2020
At European and International level
- Mobility project for VET learners and staff [hosting]
- Mobility project for ADULT education staff [hosting]
- Mobility project for SCHOOL education staff [hosting]
- Mobility project for young people and YOUTH WORKERS:
- European Voluntary Service – short and long [hosting & sending]
- Training courses and seminars [hosting & sending]
- Youth exchanges [sending]
- Strategic Partnerships:
- Adult Education
- Vocational Education and Training
- Capacity Building YOUTH
- European voluntary service with Partner Countries – short and long [hosting & sending]
- Youth exchanges with Partner Countries [hosting & sending]
- Mobility of youth workers with Partner Countries [hosting & sending]
- Sector Skills Alliances
- Knowledge Alliances
- Forward-Looking Cooperation Projects: EDUCATION and TRAINING
- Forward-Looking Cooperation Projects: YOUTH
- Structured Dialogue: meetings between young people and decision-makers in the field of youth
- Support to Collaborative Partnerships
- Societal Challenges – Energy Efficiency – Market Uptake
- Science with and for Society – Fostering RRI uptake in current research and innovations systems
- EuropeAid – Civil Society Dialogue Between EU and Turkey [III]
- Development Cooperation Instrument (DCI) – Asia & Central Asia, Action Grant
- Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA), Component I “Transition Assistance and Institution Building”
- Drug Prevention and Information Programme (DPIP) – Demand Reduction
- Transnational projects to build capacity for professionals in child protection systems and judicial professionals representing children in judicial proceedings
- Projects to support activities on non-discrimination and Roma integration
- Action Grants to support transnational projects to combat sexual harassment and sexual violence against women and girls
- Action Grants to prevent and combat violence against children, young people and women and to protect victims and groups at risk
- Internal Security Fund – Police, Law Enforcement Training
- Asylum, Migration And Integration Fund – Priority 1: foster integration of migrant women
- European Social Fund – European Employment Strategy: Youth Guarantee
At local level
CESIE’s Cooperation Networks
- EAN – European Anti-Bullying Network
- ERRIN (European Regions Research & Innovation Network)
- Mediterranean Migration Network
- HEPA Europe – European network for the promotion of health-enhancing physical activity
- School on the Cloud ICT Network Connecting Education to the Cloud for Digital Citizenship (Founding member)
- EuroMed Gender Connection (Coordinator of the network)
- Anna Lindh Foundation
- European Network on Exchange Early Detection Drug-consumption
- Libera Associations, names and numbers against mafias
- Crescere al Sud – Promotion and protection of the Rights of the Child
- European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
- INACH – International Network Against Cyber Hate
- INTEGRA Network
Network and Consortium on Refugees’ and Migrants’ Mental Health