What do we do
Adult unit aims to support individuals in acquiring and developing basic skills and key competences, developing relevant and high-quality skills and competences in order to foster employability and socio-educational and personal development, as well as participation in civic and social life.
Specific objectives are to:
- better support competitiveness and employment in particular at regional and local level; increasing capacity and professionalism to work at EU/international level;
- improve the level of key competences and skills, with particular regard to their relevance for the labour market and through strengthened cooperation between the world of education and training and the world of work;
- foster quality improvements, innovation excellence and internationalisation at the level of education and training institutions;
- promote the emergence and raise awareness of a European lifelong learning area designed to complement policy reforms at national level and to support the modernisation of education and training systems;
- enhance the international dimension of education and training & promote the EU's broad linguistic diversity and intercultural awareness.
Improving and extending the supply of high quality learning opportunities
tailored to the needs of individual low-skilled or low-qualified adults.
Testing and/or implementation of innovative practices
in the field of education, training and youth.
Recognition and validation of knowledge, skills and competences
acquired through formal,
non-formal and informal learning.
Cooperation between local authorities
to promote the development of education, training and youth systems and their integration in actions of local and regional development.
Supporting learners with special needs
to complete education cycles and facilitate their transition into the labour market.
Preparing and deploying the education and training of professionals
for equity, diversity and inclusion challenges in the learning environment.
Transnational initiatives fostering entrepreneurial mind-sets and skills
to encourage active citizenship and entrepreneurship (including social entrepreneurship).