The sixth and final module of the SeasonREADY training material is dedicated to cleaning and maintenance services in tourist and hotel facilities. These activities are the backbone of every company operating in this field as they affect the impression that visitors have of the structure, helping to distinguish it from others of the same category. Cleaning and maintenance services might also contribute to improving or damaging the reputation of a tourist enterprise. Therefore, there is a whole strategy and set of responsibilities related to it that determine how to effectively and efficiently practice the profession. This strategy includes also the ability to greet in the main foreign languages, as cleaning staff often are requested to interact with customers.
At the end of this module you will be able to:
- understand the role and tasks of a cleaner in a hotel;
- recognise standard cleaning operations and procedures in the cleaning industry;
- clean rooms and common areas with care and patience, taking as little time as possible;
- practice the profession in accordance with safety regulations;
- greet guests in different languages.
The material includes theory, methods, approaches, reflection and practical application exercises, self-assessment exercises and external resources.
- vocational training;
- non-formal education;
- disadvantaged targets & areas;
- skills & competencies.
Employers, in-house trainers, VET trainers, managers
Info & contacts
DG of reference
Erasmus+ Key Action 2 Strategic Partnership in the field of VET