- To modernise the Higher Education system in Tunisia by creating an integrated system of quality definition and control and by developing a good governance framework.
- To foster the commitment of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in adopting a strategic planning and implementing new decision-making and management procedures;
- To promote the realisation of a e-administration unit in each HEI that can suggest an innovative, efficient and more autonomous financial management structure;
- To act on future policies in order to consolidate, improve and develop new quality assurance mechanisms.
- Operational support to Tunisian universities, a rigorous support in terms of methodology and based on the best international practices;
- Training of presidents, vice-presidents and general secretaries of HEIs about strategic planning, impact assessment, quality assurance and social responsibility of HEIs at the University of Siena;
- 3 study visits at the University of Barcelona, University of Rome La Sapienza and University Paris 1 La Sorbonne;
- Local trainings for managers and general directors of HEIs;
- In each HEI of the consortium: definition of a strategical project and related Action Plans;
- In each HEI of the consortium: Installation of a complete software solution to carry out QA evaluations and analyze data.
- Autonomy, Governance and Quality Assurance in Tunisian Universities: State of the art;
- Roadmap: Where are we in terms of autonomy and governance of universities in Tunisia?
- Manual on the Quality procedures for HEIs;
- University Quality Manual;
- Proposal of a Methodology for the Implementation of Quality Assurance in HEIs;
- Action Plan for Boosting Quality Committees in HEIs;
- White paper of recommendations at the institutional and national, regional and international levels.
- Increased awareness of universities and policy makers about the importance of better governance, academic and financial autonomy;
- 26 people from financial services trained during the Training of trainers event at the University of Siena;
- 26 people from financial services trained during study visits in Barcelona, Rome and Paris;
- 195 people from academic and non-academic staff of HEIs trained at local level;
- 30 people of HEIs cooperated in developing the Manual on the Quality procedures for HEIs;
- 100 participants to information/Dissemination events.
- UNIMED (Italy, coordinator)
- University of Siena (Italy)
- University of Roma “La Sapienza” (Italy)
- University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne(Francia)
- University of Barcellona (Spagna)
- University of Tunisi (Tunisia)
- University of Tunisi El Manar (Tunisia)
- University of Cartagine (Tunisia)
- University of Susa (Tunisia)
- University of Sfax (Tunisia)
- University of Gabès (Tunisia)
- University of Manouba (Tunisia)
- University of Monastir (Tunisia)
- Virtual University of Tunisi (Tunisia)
- University of Kairouan (Tunisia)
- University of Gafsa (Tunisia)
- University of Jendouba (Tunisia)
- University Ez-zitouna (Tunisia)
- Ministry for Higher Education and Scientific Research (Tunisia)
- National Body for Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Accreditation (Tunisia)
- CESIE (Italia)