SAGESSE: reforming the Higher Education Institutions of Tunisia
A new phase of activity has started for project SAGESSE – Improving Governance in the Higher Education System in Tunisia aimed at strengthening the skills of Tunisian universities in governance, financial management and quality control.
In the previous months, partners have carried out 2 of the 3 local training sessions that are fundamental for supporting Tunisian universities in the elaboration of the "Projet d'Etablissement", the strategic-operational plan that defines the strategic vision of the university and the modalities of its implementation:
- Strategic analysis and reference framework of performances for the development of the Projet d'Etablissement (Tunis 3-5 April 2019);
- Budget planning for the elaboration of the Projet Etablissement (Monastir, 19-21 June 2019).
The first study visit to the University of Barcelona (Spain) and the third partnership meeting took place from 30 September to 3 October 2019.
The study visits are addressed to the administrative and financial managers of the Tunisian universities and aimed at increasing their skills in terms of financial management and management of information systems. During the study visit to Barcelona, Tunisian universities were introduced to the financial management structure and to the information and data management systems of the University of Barcelona. Two study visits at the universities of Rome La Sapienza and Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne will follow between 11 and 15 November 2019.
Between 27 and 29 November 2019 the University of Gabés will host the last training on " Internal control system in universities and monitoring of the implementation of the Projet Etablissement", whose main trainers will be CESIE and the University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, supported by the Tunisian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the National Authority for Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Accreditation.
For further information, please contact Alessia Valenti, email@example.com
About the project
SAGESSE is a project funded within the Erasmus+, Capacity Building in the field of higher education. Capacity-building Projects are transnational cooperation projects based on multilateral partnerships, primarily between higher education institutions (HEIs) from Programme and eligible Partner Countries.
The sAGESSE partnership holds together 21 organisations:
- UNIMED(Italy, coordination);
- University of Siena(Italy);
- University of Roma “La Sapienza”(Italy);
- University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne(France);
- University of Barcellona(Spain);
- University of Tunisi(Tunisia);
- University of Tunisi El Manar(Tunisia);
- University of Cartagine(Tunisia);
- University of Susa(Tunisia);
- University of Sfax(Tunisia);
- University of Gabès(Tunisia);
- University of Manouba(Tunisia);
- University of Monastir(Tunisia);
- Virtual University of Tunisi(Tunisia);
- University of Kairouan(Tunisia);
- University of Gafsa(Tunisia);
- University of Jendouba(Tunisia);
- University Ez-zitouna(Tunisia);
- Ministry for Higher Education and Scientific Research(Tunisia);
- National Body for Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Accreditation(Tunisia);
- CESIE (Italy).