The second phase of project SAGESSE - Improvement of Governance in the Higher Education System in Tunisia has been completed. The project aims to support the reform and modernization process undertaken by higher education institutions in Tunisia in the framework of national post-revolution mutations.
In this second phase, started with the Train-the-Trainers activity held from 3 to 7 December 2018 at the University of Siena (Italy), managers and general directors of the Tunisian universities involved in the project, as well as representatives of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the National Institute for Evaluation, Quality Control and Accreditation in Tunisia took part in 3 specific local trainings:
- Strategic analysis and performance framework for the development of the Projet d'Etablissement (Tunis 3-5 April 2019);
- Budget planning in the framework of the development of the Projet Etablissement (Monastir, 19-21 June 2019);
- Internal control system in universities and control of the implementation of the Projet Etablissement (Gabés, 27-29 November 2019).
The 3 local trainings have been fundamental to support Tunisian Universities in the elaboration of their "Projet d'Etablissement", the strategic-operational plan that defines the strategic vision of the university and the modalities of its implementation.
In the last training on "Internal control system in universities and control of the implementation of the Projet Etablissement", CESIE collaborated with the Tunisian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research for the risk assessment in the strategic plan of the university.
The Ministry developed a questionnaire that was submitted to all Tunisian universities partners in the project to investigate the performance monitoring and internal control system in the universities. CESIE analysed the information collected by the questionnaire to highlight the major difficulties, especially with regard to the collection, processing, verification, storage and sharing of data and information and the relations between the university and the Ministry (and with its Design, Planning and Programming Office), and drew up recommendations for the resolution of the various problems.
The third phase of the project, which has included 3 study visits to Barcelona, Rome and Paris, will end with local training in each Tunisian university partner of the project, during which the staff of the universities will be trained in the approaches and good practices learned during the visits.
For further information, please contact Alessia Valenti, email@example.com
About the project
SAGESSE is a project funded within the Erasmus+, Capacity Building in the field of higher education. Capacity-building Projects are transnational cooperation projects based on multilateral partnerships, primarily between higher education institutions (HEIs) from Programme and eligible Partner Countries.
The sAGESSE partnership holds together 21 organisations:
- UNIMED(Italy, coordination);
- University of Siena(Italy);
- University of Roma “La Sapienza”(Italy);
- University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne(France);
- University of Barcellona(Spain);
- University of Tunisi(Tunisia);
- University of Tunisi El Manar(Tunisia);
- University of Cartagine(Tunisia);
- University of Susa(Tunisia);
- University of Sfax(Tunisia);
- University of Gabès(Tunisia);
- University of Manouba(Tunisia);
- University of Monastir(Tunisia);
- Virtual University of Tunisi(Tunisia);
- University of Kairouan(Tunisia);
- University of Gafsa(Tunisia);
- University of Jendouba(Tunisia);
- University Ez-zitouna(Tunisia);
- Ministry for Higher Education and Scientific Research(Tunisia);
- National Body for Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Accreditation(Tunisia);
- CESIE (Italy).