D.O.B.T – Do One Brave Thing
- To empower young people to challenge extremist narratives they experience in their daily lives.
- To provide young people with media literacy skills and software tools to investigate online sources of information and think more critically
- To enable young people to develop counter-narrative campaigns to challenge hate speech and extremist rhetoric online
- To encourage young people to non-violently address their political grievances through policy-advocacy.
- Online and Offline Informative Material and Tutorial Guides on early signs, characteristics and ways to counter radicalisation to inform young people and equip them to challenge extremist narratives.
- 8 bootcamps organised in Romania, Hungary, Poland and Italy to train at least 20 young people aged 16 – 25 and 2 schools to co-develop 4 Campaign Service Lines (CSLs) on (1) Challenging Extremism; (2) Recognising Extremism Online; (3) Challenging Polarisation & Extremism Online and (4) Civic Engagement Action.
- User-friendly web plug-in for fact-checking to enable young people and the general public to check information veracity and sources.
- 2000 Young people will feel encouraged and entitled to engage in policy-advocacy in their communities and document their experiences thanks to the documented case studies, tutorial videos and infographics on successful youth-led change.
- Development of campaign tutorial videos, interactive online guides and infographics to counteract different forms of radicalisation
- Collection of documented and inspirational case studies on youth challenging extremism and successful youth-led change
- Development of the project online resource hub and of a user-friendly web plug-in enabling the general public to easily verify the sources and truthfulness of the information (articles, news, posts) found on the Internet
- Organisation of 8 bootcamps to train and help young people develop relevant and successful online campaigns to counter radicalisation
- Organisation of the “Our Future: Europe” European youth forum, gathering youth participants with youth workers, RAN and European Commission representatives as well as other relevant stakeholders & interest groups.
- Coordinator: Peace Action Training and Research Institute of Romania (PATRIR) – Romania
- ZA CLOUD SRL (Zetta Cloud) – Romania
- ActiveWatch – Romania
- Instytutu Bezpieczeństwa Społecznego (IBS) – Poland
- Budapest Centre for Mass Atrocities Prevention (BCMAP) – Hungary
- Political Capital Policy Research and Consulting Institute – Hungary
- CESIE – Italy
Info & contatti
Data di realizzazione del progetto
15/01/2019 – 14/01/2021
DG di riferimento
Directorate-General Migration and Home Affairs – Internal Security Fund Police (ISF-P), Civil Society Empowerment Programme (CSEP)