- Increase the adaptability of regions and their resilience in order to thrive despite adversities and crises;
- Enhance transversal competences, knowledge, and skills of public administration and other relevant key players (HEI students, NGOs) in the area of resilient regions and community building;
- Provide effective tools and methods for the development of regional policies;
- Promote the exchange of good practice and the creation of an informal network between the political authorities involved.
- European research about regional policies and training needs in the field of resilient community building;
- Involvement of public administrations, political authorities and other key regional representatives through online questionnaires and interviews;
- 3-day joint staff training event (France) on resilient community building;
- Preparation and further training delivery for 100 public administrators and relevant key players’ representatives in 4 European countries (Slovakia, Italy, France, Spain);
- Awareness raising and dissemination of specialized knowledge about disaster management and resilient regions building.
- Report on resilient regions preparation;
- Syllabus for the MOOC “Regions facing shocks: building resilient community”;
- MOOC “Regions facing shocks: building resilient community” preparation;
- The road map “Supporting a Resilient Region – a tool for the Sustainable Communities”.
- Higher preparedness of European regions for unexpected events coming from different types of crises and higher security through proactive measures implementation;
- Stronger transversal competences, knowledge, and skills of public administration and other relevant key players in the area of resilient regions and community building;
- Innovative training and learning resources for dealing with post-disaster/post-conflict situations;
- Creation of an informal network of experts for the exchange of good practices and knowledge about resilience building in the face of challenges.