The migration research project addresses the need for effective strategies for the attention and inclusion of distinctively Vulnerable Groups (VGs) among Forcibly Displaced People (FDP).
Its overall objective is to identify these groups, their specific challenges and needs, to be able to discover and provide Tailored Attention and Inclusion Strategies (TAISs) for them.
- Definition and identification of Vulnerability Contexts (VCs) in transit and host countries.
- Identification of attention and inclusion practices for Vulnerable Groups among the FDP.
- Identification of key criteria to evaluate strategies and practices for attention and inclusion of VGs of FDP.
- Mapping among VCs and practices according to evaluation criteria to define TAISs.
- Elaboration of recommendations to develop attention and inclusion strategies tailored to VCs.
- Validation of TAISs and their methodology through pilots.
- Development of CRIOS and creation of the Observatory for TAISs in FDs.
- Development of a methodological framework for research activities
- Local Action Research Units (ARUs) explore the potential conflict and intrinsic difficulties of addressing both the local demands of society on the issues of FDP inclusion and the local and global demands to contribute to a more equitable and sustainable society
- Co-creation of research activities where all relevant stakeholders play an active role in its definition, execution and evaluation (RRI approach) by undertaking advocacy-focused participatory action research, grounded in human rights and socio-ecological models
- Application of quantitative and qualitative methods from Social and Computer Sciences (data mining, automated learning and sentiment analysis) reducing unintended biases in the interpretation of data and aids researchers to discover unforeseen patterns to help create and tests hypotheses
- Public and local engagement initiatives to provide key attention to gender parity issues and Vulnerable Groups
- Research-Methodology and Guidelines
- Report Vulnerability Context (VC): Definition and Identification Guidelines (features, values and relations)
- Vulnerability Context: EU Catalogue
- Catalogue of attention and inclusion practices for FDP in the EU influence area (Country Report Italy)
- Tailored Attention and Inclusion Practices (TAIS): Definition (correspondence between VCs, practices and criteria for their evaluation)
- TAIS methodology and guidelines (preliminary version)
- TAIS Evaluation Criteria: actor-oriented and integrated evaluation (preliminary version)
- Recommendations on the adoption of a TAIS-oriented approach and Policy Brief
- CRIOS Collaborative Research and Innovation Online Software Tool
- TAIS Research Stories. Cross-reports from ARU reports on the use of TAISs: related problems, barriers and enablers, as well as their dependencies with contextual factors (cultural, political, normative and legal)
- UCM | Universidad Complutense De Madrid (Spain, coordinator)
- CESIE (Italy)
- UNIMED | Unione delle Università del Mediterraneo (Italy)
- Helsingin Yliopisto (Finland)
- Menedek | Migransokat Segito Egyesulet (Hungary)
- Anadolu University (Turkey)
- Yarmouk University (Jordan)
- Lebanese International University (Lebanon)