- To foster inclusion and strengthen active citizenship through increased participation in co-creative processes for sustainable development at the local level.
- To raise awareness about the concept of sustainability, contributing to the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Agenda.
- To build solid ties between local authorities and civil society, creating stronger, more inclusive cities and regions, where the responsibility for community development is shared.
- Research on current trends, opportunities and best practices on co-creative methods for sustainable development at the local, national and European levels,
- Data collection, analysis of living lab activities and evaluation through questionnaires and interviews with participants and key stakeholders,
- Development of the methodology, guidelines and feedback templates,
- Development and refinement of an interactive toolkit for carrying out living lab activities and co-creation,
- Implementation of two international training workshops for the core members of the living labs in line with resources produced,
- Analysis of local conditions and settings as well as identification of challenges and key competences for successful democratic co-creation as a method for building sustainable cities,
- Formulation of recommendations for citizens, municipal workers and politicians in using and implementing the co-creation methodology.
- Online interactive communication platform,
- Toolbox on democratic co-creation methods for inclusive sustainable development,
- State of the art analysis on co-creation for sustainable development,
- Report & recommendations on co-creation methods,
- Two international training workshops for the change agents.
- Increased awareness about the concept of sustainable development, with a particular focus on its environmental dimension in urban contexts,
- Skill-upgrade of civil servants and citizens, enabling them to effectively take part in co-creative processes,
- Bridged the gap between local authorities and civil society, promoting collaboration and sharing of experience,
- Developed recommendations on how to manage co-creative processes for sustainable solutions at the local, national and European level,
- Encouraged increased debate around sustainability and the UN SDG Agenda.
- Vejle Kommune (Denmark, coordinator)
- Association of Municipalities of South Iceland (Iceland)
- DRUSTVO ZA RAZVIJANJE PROSTOVOLJNEGA DELA NOVO MESTO (Slovenia)
- Center for Borgerdialog (Denmark)
- CESIE (Italy)