To boost women employability and entrepreneurship in the Agri-food sector, an industry closely linked to the cultural identity of the Mediterranean region and showing a significant level of untapped potential in terms of innovation and growth.
- Development of a training and placement scheme based on the Rural Social Innovation (RSI) model in order to create new and sustainable job opportunities for women, including self-employment
- Training and coaching programmes on: Managerial Empowerment| Digital Empowerment | Community Empowerment | Production techniques, logistics and transformation
- Job matching and job creation according to the profiles in which participants will be grouped: employment and self-employment path
- Employment support initiatives such as: business and career forums, technical support meetings for the establishment of cooperative start-ups
- Large-scale awareness campaign on gender discrimination in the labour market
- Research report about the application of the Rural Social Innovation model in the agri-food sector
- Agreements to set-up local agri-food stakeholder network
- New curricula and training course, based on the Rural Social Innovation model, to provide with marketable skills 140 women – 35 in each country
- E-learning platform addressed to the participants of the training
- 140 women will be trained with marketable skills to improve their capacity find a job or become entrepreneur
- 80% out of trained women (28/country) will find a job after the job matching and job creation activities.
- University of Rome Tor Vergata (Italy, coordinator)
- Jovesolides (Spain)
- Centre of Arab Women for Training and Research – CAWTAR (Tunisia)
- Palestinian businesswomen’s association – ASALA (Palestine)
- CESIE (Italy)
This document has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of CESIE and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union or the Programme management structures.