Environmental awareness through an active, critical approach involving people of different age groups.
Europe is the first continent to declare climate and environmental emergency. Part of the priorities mentioned in the European Green Deal is activating education and training to engage students, parents and the community in the changes needed. To reach the proposed climate neutrality there is a need for new, innovative learning approaches to educate all community members on environmental and sustainability issues.
- To increase environmental awareness through an active, critical approach involving people of different age groups.
- To increase digital competence of the involved target groups while boosting their awareness on environmental issues.
- To support local community intergenerational learning providers with tools and resources on environmental sustainability.
- To highlight innovative and effective models and approaches of intergenerational learning in local communities through environmental education activities.
- Explore the existing situation, networks, activities carried out in the local community in the organization of adult and intergenerational education.
- Develop recommendations and guidelines for forward-looking community learning centers.
- Challenge local communities to learn, discuss and understand the importance of behavioral change regarding environmental sustainability.
- Establish long-lasting collaborations in the local community toward a better understanding and awareness of environmental issues and sustainable development.
- Impulse handbook for intergenerational learning
- Recommendations and guidelines for forward-looking community learning centres
- E-learning platform for intergenerational learning groups
- 150 participants (75 adults, 75 intergenerational learning/adult education providers, trainers) who will participate in project results piloting phase.
- 160 participants who will take part in local multiplier events.
- 40 local and 10 international participants at the international multiplier event.