BYMBE – Bringing Young Mothers Back to Education
- To adapt and promote good practices of support for young mothers for going back to school or in employment in Europe.
- To develop innovative outreach strategy and motivational campaign for awareness raising on the issue of early school leaving of young mothers.
- To support social workers and trainers by provision of additional tools, knowledge and skills for their work with young mothers.
- To develop holistic support instruments for young mothers, including counseling, training and peer-groups
- To disseminate project results and raise awareness about the problem of early school leaving of young mothers and how to address it.
- Development of a Handbook for Outreach Awareness and Motivation Strategies
- Creation of a set of Intervention Methods to involve Young Mothers
- Delivery of training addressed to Social workers/Teachers Trainers working with the young mothers
- Elaboration of a BYMBE Orientation Pack
- Design of a BYMBE Empowerment Pack
- Design of a BYMBE Support Pack
- Implementation of pilot trainings with Social workers/Teachers Trainers and young mothers who are expected to re-enter education.
- Created a holistic awareness campaign of education need and a support package for young mothers in need to finalize their education.
- Improved the opportunities in professional and social life of young mothers by enabling them to finalize their professional education, having their own job, earning their own money, be independent from social welfare.
- Provision of effective career guidance and orientation to young mothers and prevention and reduction of Youth Unemployment.
- Improvement of the knowhow and awareness of Social workers/Teachers Trainers working with the young mothers about how to support them in the best holistic way.
- Raised the awareness of stakeholders and general public about the importance of professional education for girls in order to assure their own economic safety.
Info & contacts
Date of project
01/10/2017 – 31/08/2019