YCCD III – Youth and Community Creative Development
- To promote the intercultural exchange between the volunteers and the local community, facilitating this way the intercultural dialogue and the abolishment of prejudices and stereotypes.
- To increase awareness in youth and in the local community of cultural differences and their value in the construction of intercultural communities and Europe and in the everyday life.
- To contribute to the objectives of the European Year of Volunteering by developing in volunteers awareness of the importance of volunteering as a form of active engagement and as a tool to develop or improve competences for personal and professional development.
- To strengthen the objectives of the last European Year for Combating Poverty and Social Exclusion by developing activities with poor and excluded people and by promoting an awareness of the poverty existing in Palermo and in Europe and how it can be combated through empowerment and capacity building with the community.
- To promote in youth the human values of solidarity, tolerance, respect for difference, friendship, democracy, etc, as important values in the development of personality, local communities and Europe.
- To contribute to the development in youth of personal and professional skills and experiences directly connected to the tasks carried out during the project. It could provide them new future chances to contrast the youth unemployment as they will bring with them new skills and capacities and a higher self esteem to be ready to enter in the working world.
- To contribute to the community development through the creation of new projects and through the active participation of volunteers in the local communities.
- To strengthen the partnership between all partner organisations by the work developed together and by developing new projects.
- Hosting in CESIE, Palermo 4 volunteers for each phase for 9 months each: total 8 volunteers come from France, Spain, United Kingdom, Ukraine.
- The volunteers have been working in different areas of CESIE: international dimension (writing proposals, implementing trainings etc) and local dimension (taking part to local community project in Palermo).
- Coordinator: CESIE (Italy)
- Pistes Solidaires (France)
- AFEMJO-CLM (Spain)
- Alternative -V (Ukraine)
- Greater Manchester Youth Network (United Kingdom)