Tackling Under-Reporting and Under-Recording of episodes of intolerance against Muslim women by developing a participatory dialogue between representatives of LEAs, local authorities, CSOs organizations and community leaders.
The project responds to the vulnerability of a group that in Italy is particularly affected by episodes of intolerance, racism and xenophobia, and that according to available studies tends to under-report episodes of discrimination or hate crimes. TRUST aims to deal with the reasons behind under-reporting and under-recording by developing a participatory dialogue between representatives of LEAs and local authorities, with practitioners of CSOs organizations and community leaders of vulnerable communities. The participatory approach aims to create a collaborative environment to jointly find the most suitable approaches and solutions for providing assistance to victims and thus helping to bring to light situations where crimes are usually not reported.
- To address the under-reporting and under-recording of hate speech and hate crimes against Muslim women in Italy;
- To map the main different typologies of discrimination, violence and hate crime against Muslim women in Italy;
- To promote and foster the dialogue between Law Enforcement Agencies and local authorities with Civil Society Organisations and community leaders of the vulnerable communities to identify common solutions;
- To strengthen an effective response mechanism for facilitating reporting and recording of discrimination and hate crimes against Muslim Women.
- Multi-dimensional analysis to identify the main causes of underreporting and solutions for improving the assistance to victims and increasing the reporting;
- 4 workshops to promote dialogue between practitioners and identify practical solutions to improve the level of assistance offered to victims;
- Collaborative workshop to co-design an action plan for implementing practical solution;
- Implementation of the action plan;
- Training of trainers for 65 practitioners to facilitate the implementation of the action plan;
- Memorandum of Understandings between public authorities and CSOs.
- Multi-dimensional analysis on causes and solutions for the assistance of victims
- Action plan to implement measure to improve the level of assistance offered to victims
- Better understanding of the causes of the under-reporting and under-recording of hate speech and hate crimes against Muslim women in Italy;
- Trust-building between representatives of LEAs and local authorities, with practitioners of CSOs organizations and community leaders of the Muslim community and Muslim women in particular;
- Collaborative development and piloting of shared solutions between LEAs, local authorities, CSOs and community leaders to tackle the under-reporting and under-recording of hate speech and hate crimes against Muslim women in Italy;
- Enhanced skills and competences of practitioners to adopt effective measures against hate speech against Muslim women.
- FONDAZIONE AGENFOR INTERNATIONAL (Coordinator, Italy)
- Procura della Repubblica presso il Tribunale Ordinario di Trento (Italy)
- CE.S.I. – CENTRO STUDI INTERNAZIONALI (Italy)
- CESIE (Italy)
- FONDAZIONE L ALBERO DELLA VITA ONLUS (Italy)
- ACTIONAID INTERNATIONAL ITALIA ONLUS (Italy)
- A Buon Diritto Onlus (Italy)
- COMUNITA RELIGIOSA ISLAMICA ITALIANA (Italy)
- MINISTERO DELLA DIFESA (Italy)