TRUST aims to address the under-reporting and under-recording of hate speech and hate crimes against Muslim women in Italy.
The project responds to the vulnerability of a group, Muslim women, that in Italy is particularly affected by episodes of intolerance, racism and xenophobia through the promotion of multilateral collaboration and participatory dialogue between CSOs, LEAs and representatives of the Muslim community. Such cooperation will lead to the implementation of initiatives to raise awareness among Muslim women who have suffered hate crimes and find the most suitable approaches and solutions for providing assistance to victims.
- To address the under-reporting and under-recording of hate speech and hate crimes against Muslim women in Italy;
- To map the main different typologies of discrimination, violence and hate crime against Muslim women in Italy;
- To promote and foster the dialogue between Law Enforcement Agencies and local authorities with Civil Society Organisations and community leaders of the vulnerable communities to identify common solutions;
- To strengthen an effective response mechanism for facilitating reporting and recording of discrimination and hate crimes against Muslim Women.
- Multi-dimensional analysis to identify the main causes of underreporting and solutions for improving the assistance to victims and increasing the reporting;
- 4 workshops to promote dialogue between practitioners and identify practical solutions to improve the level of assistance offered to victims;
- Collaborative workshop to co-design an action plan for implementing practical solution;
- Implementation of the action plan;
- Training of trainers for 65 practitioners to facilitate the implementation of the action plan;
- Memorandum of Understandings between public authorities and CSOs.
- Multi-dimensional analysis on causes and solutions for the assistance of victims;
- Action plan to implement measure to improve the level of assistance offered to victims.
- Better understanding of the causes of the under-reporting and under-recording of hate speech and hate crimes against Muslim women in Italy;
- Trust-building between representatives of LEAs and local authorities, with practitioners of CSOs organizations and community leaders of the Muslim community and Muslim women in particular;
- Collaborative development and piloting of shared solutions between LEAs, local authorities, CSOs and community leaders to tackle the under-reporting and under-recording of hate speech and hate crimes against Muslim women in Italy;
- Enhanced skills and competences of practitioners to adopt effective measures against hate speech against Muslim women.
- FONDAZIONE AGENFOR INTERNATIONAL (Coordinator, Italy)
- Procura della Repubblica presso il Tribunale Ordinario di Trento (Italy)
- CE.S.I. – CENTRO STUDI INTERNAZIONALI (Italy)
- CESIE (Italy)
- FONDAZIONE L ALBERO DELLA VITA ONLUS (Italy)
- ACTIONAID INTERNATIONAL ITALIA ONLUS (Italy)
- A Buon Diritto Onlus (Italy)
- COMUNITA RELIGIOSA ISLAMICA ITALIANA (Italy)
- MINISTERO DELLA DIFESA (Italy)