A global and intersectional approach for prevention and combating intolerance, racism and xenophobia in online hate speech.
The online space can be full of opportunities but also strongly hostile, especially when we speak about social media. This is why SafeNet brings together 21 expert partners and members of the International Network Against Cyber Hate (INACH) to counter hate speech through monitoring and awareness-raising activities. The project aims to enforce the Code of Conduct to counter illegal (and not) online hate speech, have it removed and thus build safer and more inclusive digital spaces.
- Monitoring hate speech on various social media.
- Promoting greater cooperation between social media and civil society associations.
- Raising awareness of the dangers of online hate speech through advocacy actions together with IT companies, responsible authorities, associations and social media.
- Continuous monitoring and analysis of hate speech on social media in all partner countries.
- Reporting of hate content to responsible IT companies and authorities.
- Awareness-raising campaign.
- Final conference in Brussels.
- 2 round tables to promote communication between associations, social media and policy-makers at the European level.
- Annual report with preliminary data on hate speech monitoring actions.
- Final report on online hate speech trends and monitoring results.
- Collection of fact sheets on hate speech in Italy.
- Improved detection and handling of cases related to online hate speech on social media.
- At least 16,800 cases monitored in all partner countries.
- Identification of shortcomings and potential for improvement of the entire EU policy on hate speech.
- STICHTING INTERNATIONAL NETWORK AGAINST CYBER HATE (The Netherlands, coordinator)
- KUCA LJUDSKIH PRAVA ZAGREB UDRUGE (Croatia)
- ROMEA, O.P.S. (Czech Republic)
- SIHTASUTUS EESTI INIMOIGUSTE KESKUS (Estonia)
- LPR-TRAGERGESELLSCHAFT FUR JUGENDSCHUTZ.NET GGMBH (Germany)
- HATTER TARSASAG (Hungary)
- SZUBJEKTIV ERTEKEK ALAPITVANY (Hungary)
- CESIE (Italy)
- LATVIJAS CILVEKTIESIBU CENTRS BIEDRIBA (Latvia)
- LIETUVOS GEJU LYGA ASOCIACIJA (Lithuania)
- ASSOCIACAO ILGA PORTUGAL (Portugal)
- DIGITALNA INTELIGENCIA (Slovakia)
- Plataforma Khetane del Movimiento Asociativo Gitano del Estado Español (Spain)
- LIGUE INTERNATIONALE CONTRE LE RACISME ET L’ANTISEMITISME (France)
- Communication and Political Research Society (ETEPE) (Greece)
- CEJI (Belgium)
- MOVIMIENTO CONTRA LA INTOLERANCIA (Spain)
- STOWARZYSZENIE NIGDY WIECEJ (Poland)
- SDRUZHENIE ASOTSIATSIYA INTEGRO (Bulgaria)
- ZARA – ZIVILCOURAGE UND ANTI-RASSISMUS ARBEIT (Austria)
- UNIVERSITETET I KOBENHAVN (Denmark)