RETHINK – Remembrance Education for THINKing critically
- To collect best practises of inclusive learning in remembrance education.
- To disseminate the collected best practices to help educators to deal with current challenges (rise in antisemitism, racism, xenophobia and radicalisation).
- To enhance critical thinking and media literacy and ability to challenge prejudices among learners, parents and educational staff.
- To contribute to setting a cross-border approach of critical thinking education.
- Online database presenting the educational practices of offered by organisations working in the field of Remembrance Education.
- E-learning course addressed to teachers and educators.
- Creation of a network of memorials, relevant NGOs and other institutions and individuals working in the field of Remembrance Education and protection and promotion of fundamental rights.
- Policy Recommendations addressed to EU and local education authorities for the use of Remembrance Education.
- Research and upscaling of best practices in remembrance education to produce teaching strategies tuned to formal education and work in classroom.
- Testing of the reviewed teaching strategies in classroom environments.
- Set up of an online training platform for teachers to have access to remembrance education good practice and use them in classroom.
- Creation of a unique international forum gathering organisations working on and interested in remembrance education as a mean to improve critical thinking learning.
- Coordinator: Centre International d’Études Pédagogiques – CIEP (France)
- Memorial de la Shoah (France)
- EUROCLIO – de Europese Vereniging voor Geschiedenisonderwijsgeve (The Nederlands)
- Kazerne Dossin: Memoriaal, Museum en Documentatiecentrum over Holocaust en Mensenrechten (Belgium)
- Żydowski Instytut Historyczny (Poland)
- Holocaust Education Trust Ireland (Irlanda)
- erinnern.at (Austria)
- CESIE (Italy)
Visit the project website
Info & contacts
Date of project
01/12/2017 – 30/11/2020