- To explore the industrial heritage of areas affected by industrial decline and contribute to their economic development;
- To challenge negative stereotypes among younger generations about their local areas’ economic potential, and tackle unemployment, brain drain and skills mismatches;
- To provide guidance and education professionals working with younger generations with knowledge and expertise of digital tools as an instrument to address these issues.
- Mapping industrial heritage of project partners’ locations and exploring areas of current and future market growth in these areas;
- Conducting interviews with experts of industrial heritage, guidance and education professionals, representatives of local labour market and representatives of good practices in the use of digital tools in education;
- Producing interactive city maps for younger generations to explore local areas’ industrial heritage and future employment opportunities;
- Testing the interactive city maps with students (14-18 years old) and guidance and education professionals working with youngsters;
- Creating a practitioner toolkit to support guidance and education professionals in their use of digital tools in their work.
- Metropolis City Map Guides;
- Metropolis City Exploration Interactive Map;
- Metropolis Practitioner Toolkit: Practitioner Support Guides & Jobs of the Future Resource Pack.
- Guidance and education professionals will strengthen their competences and knowledge on the use of digital tools for young people’s education and training;
- Students will deepen their knowledge of local industrial heritage and labour market and will be more motivated to find a job in their city/region, acquiring the necessary skills;
- Enhanced European exchange of good practices in the use of digital tools in education and in the re-evaluation of post-industrial areas;
- The economic heritage of post-industrial areas will receive new stimuli, reducing the negative stereotypes often associated to these areas, the inequalities between skills and job offer, thus facilitating the inclusion of more disadvantaged classes.