HEI4Diversity – Building Capacities to Prevent and Respond to any Form of Violence against the LGBTQI+ community in Higher Education Institutions in Europe
- To increase the knowledge regarding existing mechanisms for the prevention of forms of violence, harassment and discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression in EU Higher Education Institutions.
- To create a transnational network of HEIs and other organisations aimed at advancing in the analysis of measures to effectively prevent any form of violence and discrimination against the LGBTQI+ community.
- To build the capacities and equip the different agents of the university community with tools to advance in the definition and implementation of action protocols for the prevention of forms of violence and discrimination against the LGBTQI+ population.
- Comparative and country-based study of existing measures for the prevention of violence based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression in higher education institutions in Europe.
- Digital innovative training course.
- Mapping of existing measures for the prevention of violence based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression in EU HEIs.
- Transnational short-term joint staff training event, aimed to share the main results of the mapping study.
- Design and test of the digital training course for the different agents of the university community to define and implement action protocols to prevent violence and discrimination of the LGBTQI+ community.
- Country-based training seminars aimed at academic and non-academic staff and students, to present the digital training course, to raise awareness and to build skills among the university community.
- The different stakeholders involved in the participant HEIs institutions will acquire necessary skills and scientific knowledge to design and implement protocols to prevent violence towards the LGBTQI+ community in their institutions.
- Those stakeholders will be able to empower other members of the HEI’s community to take a stand on homophobic and transphobic violence.
- The different stakeholders involved in the project will become active agents in violence identification in their local/regional/ national social and educational contexts.
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili partner 1 + link (Spain, coordinator)
- University of Cyprus (Cyprus)
- Università degli Studi di Palermo (Italy)
- Accept – Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Trans (LGBT) (Cyprus)
- Akademia Pedagogiki Specjalnej im. Marii Grzegorzewskiej (Poland)
- CESIE (Italy)