Increasing the competences of youth workers in nature-based environmental education, with the aim to promote active participation, inclusion, youth empowerment and engagement of young people coming from disadvantaged urban areas.
Reaching the objective to make Europe climate neutral by 2050 through a green transition relies on supporting young people to care for the natural world from a young age. By being exposed to nature, through environmental learning and socialization, children and young people grow up shaping their way to treat the environment (UNICEF). The GROUND training wants to provide youth workers with the necessary tools to bring young people closer to nature.
- To develop the social and civic competences of young people through non-formal and informal learning concerning environmental issues.
- To provide youth workers with new methodological opportunities in working with young people on environmental issues.
- To raise awareness of youth workers in using environmental education as a form of active citizenship for young people.
- To encourage the green transition by giving young people from disadvantaged city areas access to educational activities related to the environment.
- Training course: GROUND training will involve 35 people from 10 different European countries: Italy, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Iceland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Sweden.
- Training course.
- Improved skills and competences of 30 youth workers to be used in diverse settings (e.g. NGOs, youth organizations, youth centers, etc.);
- Increased knowledge among youth workers on their role in fostering young people’s awareness on the importance of the environment;
- Improved youth workers’ ability to work with young people from disadvantaged neighborhoods on environmental issues,
- Increased exchange of good practices between youth workers and organizations operating in different European cities.
- CESIE (Italy, Coordinatore)
- Propósito Inadiável-Associação para Costumes Futuros (Portugal)
- OUT OF THE BOX INTERNATIONAL (Belgium)
- Asociatia Tineret Sakura (Romania)
- CATRO BULGARIA (Bulgaria)
- Einurð (Iceland)
- Associacio La Xixa Teatre (Spain)
- Formation et Sensibilisation de Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
- SWIDEAS AB (Sweden)
- EUROCIRCLE ASSOCIATION (France)