TANDEM NOW – Mentoring and Vocational Assistance for Migrant Youth
- To create role models for migrant youth or youth from ethnic minorities throughout of the vocational career, using experience and results of the initial Tandem project.
- To contribute to the effective training of mentors by understanding the needs of young people and local contexts.
- To develop ‘blended mentoring’ (a mix of face-to-face and online activities) enabling mentoring to be easily integrated into career counseling.
- Needs analysis: it outlines the different cultural norms and values in each ethnic group providing a framework of what is happening in these specific communities, highlighting the challenges and problems of migrants and ethnic minorities.
- TANDEM NOW – Curriculum for Mentors’ training. The Curriculum for TANDEM NOW training of Mentors consists of: Concept and structure of the training course & Required materials and recommended online tools tested within the “Blended-Mentoring-Package”.
- Project Magazine. You will find out about the project TANDEM NOW; a mentoring programme which pairs young people from ethnic minorities or migrant backgrounds with a role model from their own community. The Magazine presents the TANDEM NOW project and the rationale for setting up such a project. The mentoring programme will be outlined and explained in detail and then it will highlight the successful outcomes of the project. The magazine will tell you how you can set up a mentoring programme and learn from our experience piloting programmes across Europe.
- Mentors – adult people with migrant backgrounds
- Mentees – youngsters with migrant background/from ethnic minorities
- Needs analysis to understand young people’s needs and how mentors can respond.
- Research of mentoring concepts in each country.
- Creation of “blended mentoring” curriculum and training of mentors.
- Testing the developed curriculum and application of Blended Mentoring.
- Coordinator: Volkshochschule Tirol (Austria)
- Verein Multikulturell (Austria)
- Mozaik (Turkey)
- Goiztiri (Spain)
- BBQ (German)
- Exchange House (Ireland)