My Elections – My EU! aims to empower youth civic engagement and active citizenship through artistic methods, increase their creative and journalistic skills, raise their self-esteem and be empowered to voice and express their political demands and views on the hot topics of climate crisis and migration to their new representatives in Brussels.
The project answer to the need of youth participation in the European elections 2024 and promote critical debate on hot topics of the EU elections.
- Increasing creative and journalistic skills and raising self-esteem of young people, developing a range of qualities through creative and reporting trainings enabling them to reach out to their peers and the (social) media.
- Empower young people to understand and critically reflect European election programmes as well as develop their own demands based on real experience and researched facts and thereby also increase the participation of first and second time voters in the European elections 2024.
- Empower young people to voice their political demands as active European citizens by creative means of e.g. theatre, music, dance, digital stories and express those on EU level.
- Develop methodologies and training materials tailored to the needs of youth workers, youth organisations and artists on active citizenship, creative expression and expression of political demands of young people
- 3-4 local workshops for young people to get to know about the project and the European elections and try out creative methods of expression;
- 1 national workshops in the House of the European Union or EuropeDirect regional Infopoints where first- and second-time voters get to know about the EP elections and election programmes, develop first joint demands and express them through creative means.
- 2 international workshop (Lampedusa, Italy – Zicksee, Austria) where the youngsters from the five partner countries will experience the hot topics of climate change and migration and will critically reflected the European election programmes on the topics and developed a view on these topics.
- 1 Brussels advocacy visit with the process of working on joint demands, showing them in an artistic way, for the newly elected MEPs in Brussels.
- Digital Toolkit with methodologies and training materials tailored to the needs of youth workers, youth organisations and artists on active citizenship and the EU elections, creative expression and expression of political demands of young people.
- Through the local, national and European workshops and Brussels performance at least 100 young people from 5 EU countries will have been trained on expression of their voices and their demands in creative ways to become active European citizens
- At least 100 youngsters from 5 EU countries will be more motivated in voting for the European elections 2024.
- At least 50 youngsters from 5 EU countries will broaden their knowledge about EU, EU elections and MEPs roles.
- At least 25 youngsters from 5 EU countries will voice their demands to the newly elected MEPs.
- At least 750 young voters reached from awareness raising actions implemented by young participants.
- SUDWIND VEREIN FUR ENTWICKLUNGSP OLITIK UND GLOBALE GERECHTIGKEIT (Austria, coordinator)
- Ekumenická akademie, z. s. (Czech Republic)
- Fundacja Kupuj Odpowiedzialnie (Poland)
- Teatro Atlante Cooperativa Sociale (Italy)
- CESIE (Italy)
- DRUŠTVO HUMANITAS – CENTER ZA GLOBALNO UČENJE IN SODELOVANJE (Slovenia)
- Fundacja Sztukmistrze (Poland)
- Kulturno umetniško društvo Transformator (Slovenia)
- FUORI – Verein für performative Kunst (Austria)
- Prosvěta s.r.o. (Czech Republic)