Counselling with symbols: Register now to SymfoS European Conference
Do you want to acquire new creative and inclusive tools for school and career guidance?
Working with symbols represents a great opportunity for professionals to support disadvantaged youth by using a universal language.
The SymfoS project allowed us to test, expand and adapt an innovative counselling methodology based on a set of symbols for inclusive, creative and non-verbal career and school orientation with a strong positive impact.
The European SymfoS Conference is an opportunity for all organisations and professionals working in the field of school and career counselling to familiarise with the SymfoS methodology.
The event will be held on November 16, 2018 from 14.30 at Fondazione degli Assistenti Sociali Regione Sicilia.
SymfoS: Counselling with symbols
A holistic methodology for school and professional counselling
SYMFOS. SYMBOLS FOR SUCCESS – EUROPEAN CONFERENCE
November 16, 2018 | h. 14.30
Fondazione degli Assistenti Sociali Regione Sicilia, via Torino, 27/D – Palermo (Italy)
|14:30 15:00||Participants registration – Welcome coffee|
|15:00 15:15||Welcome speeches |
Giuseppe Ciulla, President of the Foundation of the Social Workers of Sicily Region
Caterina Impastato, Project Manager CESIE
|SymfoS: the idea behind and the impacts |
Paul Schober, Coordinator of SymfoS project, Managing director Hafelekar Consultancy (Austria)
|15:40 16:00||Comparing operational tools. Symbol as a donation and sharing of meaning|
Manila Raimondo, Trainer and guidance counsellor
|16:00 16:20||Resources for training and transfer of the methodology|
Caterina Impastato, Project Manager CESIE
|PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATIONS OF THE SYMFOS THECHNIQUES|
Trainer: Julia Isasi (CESIE Italy)
Session in Italian
|2 - The “Islands of emotions”.|
Navigating the see of your emotions.
Trainer: Stefan Henke (Sozialwerk Düren - Germania)
Session in English with translation
|Closure of the Conference and certificates|
Conference participants will have the opportunity to:
- familiarise with the experience and results of the project as well as the approach to counselling based on symbolic work;
- discover the products and working materials developed by the project partners. Specifically, these are six different manuals and online resources published on the platform www.symfos.eu;
- acquire intervention skills and techniques for counselling the most disadvantaged that can easily be used in the job market. directly
Who is the conference addressed to?
The conference is addressed to:
- social workers, psychologists, psychotherapists, trainers, counsellors, teachers and youth workers who carry out guidance activities in particular for disadvantaged young people;
- coordinators of vocational training centres, employment centres, NGOs, public offices and schools offering guidance services to their users and students, interested in learning about an alternative and innovative approach to be adopted or integrated into existing practices.
Would you like to participate in the conference?
Participation is free, seats are limited.
Sign up for the event by November 7, 2018 and join one of the two demonstration sessions utilising the SymfoS techniques that will take place within the Conference.
For further information about the conference, please contact email@example.com.
Certifications and credits
The European SymfoS Conference is in the process of being accredited by the Professional Order of Social Workers of the Region of Sicily. Participants registered in the Register of Social Workers can receive 3 training credits.
Sul progetto About the project
SymfoS project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme, Key Action 2 – Strategic Partnership VET with the main aim to trigger substantial improvements in the education and career guidance systemfor disadvantaged youth in Europe by implementing an innovative counselling method using sets of symbols.
SymfoS partnership holds together 6 organisations:
- Hafelekar Unternehmensberatung Schober GmbH (Austria);
- ZeMiT (Austria);
- Sozialwerk Dürener Christen (Germany);
- Ballymun Job Center (Ireland);
- Asociación Caminos (Spain);
- CESIE (Italy).
For further information
Join the international Facebook group SymfoS-Buddies.
Follow us on Facebook.
If you are interesting in joining the local SymfoS trainers network, please contact Caterina Impastato firstname.lastname@example.org or Julia Isasi email@example.com