RETHINK: (Re)Think Before Act – Alternative Narratives to Violent Extremism
- To prevent vulnerable audiences from starting a social process of radicalisation, by offering them resilience mechanisms and critical thinking skills framed in a human rights framework.
- To support the deradicalization of radicalised individuals by providing an alternative narrative that deconstructs the extremist rhetoric.
- 3 campaigns targeting vulnerable audience to Islamist extremism in France, Italy, Sweden and Portugal to Islamist extremism, namely “community heroes” (3 videos targeting youth aged 12-16), “Narrative of Global Islam” (5 videos targeting individuals aged 20-40), and “the True face of Extremism” (4 videos targeting individuals aged 20-40).
- 2 campaigns targeting vulnerable audience to far-right extremism, namely “conspiracy theories – from satire to danger” (5 videos targeting people aged 18-35) and “what is it to be part of a far-right violent group” (3 videos targeting people aged 16-35).
- 2 Campaigns targeting people vulnerable to polarisation, misinformation and extremism, namely “critical thinking skills” (4 videos targeting people aged 16-33) and “peer2peer communication: a call-to-action against extremism” (4 videos targeting people aged 18-43).
- 18 debates per partner country involved, to discuss the project themes involving schools, immigrant groups and religious communities.
- Building the capacity of project staff on campaigning to counteract extremism.
- Editing and producing of video material addressing issues such as: community belonging, Islam and fundamental rights, risks associated with extremism, debunking social myths, far-right extremist group, critical thinking, and local community engagement against extremism.
- Carrying out debates in schools, religious and immigrant communities on extremism and critical thinking.
- Developing 7 social media campaigns through Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
- Researching and evaluating the impact of the campaigns.
- Coordinator: COFAC COOPERATIVA DE FORMACAO E ANIMACAO CULTURAL CRL (Portugal)
- CESIE (Italy)
- UPPSALA UNIVERSITET (Sweden)
- PATRIR – Institutul Roman Pentru Actune, Instruire Si Cercetare In Domeiul Pacii (Romania)
- CAPRI – Centre D’action Et De Prevention Contre La Radicalisation Des Individus (France)
- SVF – Szubjektiv Ertekek Alapitvany (Hungary)