GEM – Game for EuroMed
- To promote education for intercultural citizenship through playing.
- To develop educational pilot programmes on active intercultural citizenship based on “learning by playing” approach, providing with skills and knowledge formal and non-formal educators.
- To involve young people and educators in the development of a new creative resource (a board game) to be used in youth environments to promote values of tolerance and mutual understanding of different cultures and traditions.
- Catalogue of good practices using games as intercultural tool
- GEM intercultural Board Game, a new creative tool suitable to be used as educational tool for intercultural dialogue
- GEM Road Map, a tool to support the planning of future intercultural cooperation projects.
- Identification of good practices using games as intercultural tool.
- Online training for formal/non-formal educators and youth workers on promoting education on intercultural citizenship by adopting playing activities.
- 20 pilot workshops to test the board game in schools and/or youth centres addressed to at least 160 youngsters.
- Finalising the GEM Board game.
- Dissemination seminars at national and international level.
- Coordinator: CESIE (Italy)
- ADICE – Association for the Development of Citizen and European Initiatives (France)
- JUHOUD – Juhoud for community and Local Development (Palestinian Authority)
- WASEELA – Waseela for training and development (Egypt)
Info & contacts
Date of the project
01/09/2016 – 31/08/2017