Training and innovation actions to improve trainers’ skills and people with migration background language skills through the creation of a European Map of Experiences in Host Countries.
During the last years the risk of social exclusion among people with migration background has grown, due to the increased insecurities and fears caused by the COVID pandemic. The inclusion policy was damaged, in several countries the numbers of refugees participating in inclusion courses has decreased and their language skills were highly weakened. The project’s aim is to offer people with migration background at risk of social exclusion the opportunity to participate in informal pilot language courses supported by a pedagogical curriculum that deals with people with migration background’s needs and creates the upskilling opportunities for trainers to implement the programs.
- To improve the competences of trainers that provide people with migration background’s adult education, through the proposal of guidelines, trainings and tools with innovatively implemented emotional teaching methods based on the storytelling and experience sharing approaches to raise awareness on trainers on how the emotional dimension can affect language classes.
- To create upskilling pathways for adult people with migration background and to improve accessibility of adult language provision to vulnerable groups with unfavorable preconditions to learn. The project enables people with migration background with previous difficult learning experiences to reach specific linguistic goals improving so their communications skills in their host countries.
- To invite people with migration background to focus on their impression of Europe and to share their personal experiences to promote social inclusion. The stories are collected in a digital map to present different personal nice experiences in Europe thus promoting diversity, understanding and proximity to other participants of the society.
- International Trainer Training in Spain
- EU+Map National and International Trainer Training Programs
- Piloting the language courses and creating the content for the maps
- Creating the Digital Maps
- Digital Manual for people with migration background language trainers in 8 languages including theoretical background, experts and people with migration background trainers’ consideration
- Ready to use digital language prototype courses for people with migration background in 7 languages
- The interactive learning space for language trainers and people with migration background including the digital map
- Digital map with 350 localizations
- 35 Trainers trained to teach languages to people with migration background focusing on the experimental learning approach with storytelling
- 7 innovative 20 hours language courses piloted with 350 people with migration background
- 7 trainers trained on how to create & upload digital courses in open learning spaces
- IBERIKA EDUCATION GROUP (Germany, Coordinator)
- SWIDEAS AB (Sweden)
- SYNERGASIA ENEGON POLITON (Greece)
- PISTES SOLIDAIRES (France)
- CLAVIS sprog & kompetence (Denmark)
- CESIE (Italy)
- UNIVERSIDAD DEL PAIS VASCO/EUSKAL HERRIKO UNIBERTSITATEA (Spain)