Women’s employment in the agri-food sector: let’s kick-off InnovAgroWoMed!
It officially kicks off the project “InnovAgroWoMed – Social Innovation in the Agri-food sector for Women’s Empowerment in the Mediterranean Sea basin” with the online debate
Disruption in the agri-food sector:
sustainable scenarios after covid-19 in the Med Region
Women empowerment and employability
Institutional representatives, experts, entrepreneurs, workers from different Mediterranean countries will debate and share opinions about challenges faced by the agri-food sector and strategies to support its recovery. Special attention will be given to the role and employment of women.
Then, the project InnovAgroWoMed will be introduced with the aim to give the overview about the expected impact I the involved territories, which are: region of Sicily (Italy), Valencian Community (Spain), the regions of Bèja and Mèdenine in Tunisia and the area of West Bank in Palestine.
A total of 140 women will follow an intensive and well-structured training with the aim to acquire or strengthen key competences for the job market as well as to become entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector.
After a research phase that will also identify the professional profile most requested in the sector, the project will include:
- Training and coaching programmes on management skills, digital skills, community empowerment, production techniques, logistics and transformation
- Employment support initiatives such as business and career forums
- Support to establishment of cooperative start-ups thanks to targeted accompanying measures as development of business plan and financial support through sub-grants.
Finally, representatives of other ENI CBC MED projects will take part to the events to discuss potential synergies and cooperation.
SAVE THE DATE
16 June 2020
11.00 – 13.00
The event will be English and simultaneous interpretation in Italian, Spanish and Arabic will be available.
Registration link available here https://2649574.site123.me/
For further information, kindly contact: email@example.com
About a project
InnovAgroWoMed – Social Innovation in the Agri-food sector for Women’s Empowerment in the Mediterranean Sea basin is a project funded by the European Union under ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme with a budget of € 2.8million, out of which the 87% as EU contribution.
- Università di Roma Tor Vergata (Italia, coordinatore)
- Jovesolides (Spagna)
- Centre of Arab Women for Training and Research – CAWTAR (Tunisia)
- Palestinian businesswomen’s association – ASALA (Palestina)
- CESIE (Italia)