On 24th February, the training course of the FAME – Fake news and safe use of online media – project came to an end. Due to the global Covid-19 pandemic, the training course was held entirely in virtual mode. However, despite this change in the implementation environment, the entire training course was a great success, achieving all its objectives and having a valuable impact on all participants.
The FAME Training Course took place over three weeks, for a total of 8 training days (10-14-15-18-21-22-24 February 2022). The participants, coming from Italy, France, Germany, Turkey, Spain, United Kingdom, Estonia, Lithuania, Romania and Portugal, were youth workers, youth leaders, youth facilitators with a great interest and active in the field of combating Fake News and misinformation.
The 8 training days saw the participants involved in a growing learning process, based on non-formal methodologies and approaches that stimulated the sharing of ideas and opinions and mutual learning.
Starting from the basics, they were supported and guided towards a broader and more complete understanding of the concepts of Fake News and misinformation by providing them with innovative methodologies and tools useful to promote media literacy and critical thinking among young people, helping them to fight misinformation, especially online, and its side effects, such as the spread of online hate speech, the increase of intolerance, the risk of radicalisation and extremism, and the distrust towards democratic institutions.
All this with the aim of
- Improving their work with the young people they work with, promoting online youth participation and encouraging them to develop a critical approach to reading and analysing information;
- Countering the spread of misinformation by strengthening citizenship and active participation among young people;
- Contributing to the capacity of youth organisations where they work, to promote non-formal education in youth work and to strengthen cooperation between youth organisations in European countries.
Il percorso di apprendimento si è concluso con lo sviluppo da parte dei partecipanti di una miniserie online come strumento per aumentare la consapevolezza su un uso sicuro e consapevole dei social m
The learning path concluded with the development by the participants of an online miniseries as a tool to raise awareness on safe and conscious use of social media and thus on the importance of combating Fake news and preventing its negative consequences. Using the tool of the online miniseries, the participants created 4 interconnected episodes, improvising themselves as directors, actors, video-makers, storytellers, and showing the viral effects of the spread of Fake News in social media, the consequences it can lead to, such as online hate speech and radicalism, and how to combat it.
Watch FAME miniseries
Finally, the FAME Public Report was developed, containing more information about the project, the training course and the 8 training days, the activities carried out and the results obtained, so as to promote more the work done and especially to disseminate the tools, methodologies, approaches and concepts used during the training course, so as to broaden the impact and provide all this material to other youth workers, youth leaders and youth organisations and improve their work in combating Fake News and its side effects and support their work with young people by promoting more and more conscious youth participation online.
About the project
FAME – Fake news and sAfe use of online Media is an Erasmus+ project, KA1 – Learning Mobility of Individuals – Mobility of Youth Workers which aims at supporting youth workers and providing them with innovative methodologies and tools useful to promote media literacy and critical thinking among young people by helping them to combat misinformation, especially online, and its side effects, such as the spread of hate speech, the increase of intolerance, the risk of radicalisation and distrust towards democratic institutions.
- Coordinator: CESIE (Italy)
- MITTETULUNDUSUHING CONTINUOUS ACTION (Estonia)
- D’Antilles & D’Ailleurs (France)
- migration_miteinander e.V. (Germany)
- Asociacija “Aktyvus jaunimas” (Lithuania)
- Propósito Inadiável (Portugal)
- AsociatiaPentruTineretSakura (Romania)
- Asociación Caminos – Asociación para el intercambio educación y desarrollo social (Spain)
- MOZAIK INSAN KAYNAKLARI GELISTIRME DERNEGI (Turkey)
- MERSEYSIDE EXPANDING HORIZONS LIMITED (United Kingdom)
For further information
Visit FAME facebook page.
Read FAME public report.
Watch FAME online miniseries.
Contact Giulia Siino email@example.com.