SAGESSE: supporting policies to modernise the Tunisian Higher education system
The activities of the project SAGESSE – Improving Governance in the Higher Education System in Tunisia are still in progress to strengthen the skills of Tunisian universities in governance, financial management and quality control.
After the Training of Trainers held in Italy, the partners met in Sousse on 7 and 8 March 2019 to assess the state of progress of the project and the activities carried out and to plan the activities for the second year of SAGESSE (March 2019-December 2019), including local training sessions and study visits across Europe.
The 3 local training sessions will be fundamental to support the Tunisian Universities in the elaboration of the "Projet d'Etablissement", the strategic-operational plan that defines the strategic vision of the university and the modalities of its implementation.
Defined and planned with the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Tunisia, the local training sessions will be managed by the European partners of the project and will be about:
- Strategic analysis and reference framework of performances for the development of the Projet d'Etablissement (Tunis 3-5 April 2019);
- Budget planning for the elaboration of the Projet Etablissement (Monastir, 19-21 June 2019);
- Internal control system in universities and monitoring of the implementation of the Projet Etablissement (Gabés, 27-29 November 2019).
Particularly important is the participation in the training activities of the Tunisian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the National Authority for Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Accreditation, which see the project as an important tool supporting the policies of modernization of the education system with respect to national and international changes.
Between September and November 2019, study visits for the administrative and financial managers of the Tunisian universities will be held to the Universities of Barcelona (Spain), Rome La Sapienza (Italy) and Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (France), with the aim of increasing their competences in terms of financial management and management of information systems.
For further information, please contact Alessia Valenti, email@example.com
About the project
SAGESSE is a project funded within the Erasmus+, Capacity Building in the field of higher education. Capacity-building Projects are transnational cooperation projects based on multilateral partnerships, primarily between higher education institutions (HEIs) from Programme and eligible Partner Countries.
The sAGESSE partnership holds together 21 organisations:
- UNIMED(Italy, coordination);
- University of Siena(Italy);
- University of Roma “La Sapienza”(Italy);
- University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne(France);
- University of Barcellona(Spain);
- University of Tunisi(Tunisia);
- University of Tunisi El Manar(Tunisia);
- University of Cartagine(Tunisia);
- University of Susa(Tunisia);
- University of Sfax(Tunisia);
- University of Gabès(Tunisia);
- University of Manouba(Tunisia);
- University of Monastir(Tunisia);
- Virtual University of Tunisi(Tunisia);
- University of Kairouan(Tunisia);
- University of Gafsa(Tunisia);
- University of Jendouba(Tunisia);
- University Ez-zitouna(Tunisia);
- Ministry for Higher Education and Scientific Research(Tunisia);
- National Body for Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Accreditation(Tunisia);
- CESIE (Italy).
For further information
Read more about SAGESSE.
Contact Alessia Valenti, firstname.lastname@example.org