- To provide young immigrants with skills relevant for the European labour market through workshops and internship opportunities, also build bridges between immigrants and local communities and therefore combating stereotypes surrounding immigration.
- To deliver a mentorship programme and guide for mentors as a tool for better inclusion of first-generation immigrants.
- To contribute to a common European inclusion strategy based on research findings and project implementation results to be published and disseminated in Europe.
- Research about a successful inclusion strategy and developing a strategy based on the research findings implemented and tested in Malta first and implementing the adopted strategy in Italy, France and Denmark.
- Delivery of 7-day workshop training and 3 months small scale project implementation (Internships=Seeds) assisted and facilitated by the mentoring programme in Malta, Italy, France and Denmark.
- Delivery of 5 day Youth Exchange in Malta, school workshops in each country and public debate in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Disseminating the strategy based on theoretical research and practical implementation in 4 European countries as well as the Guideline for mentors.
- 60 FETE participants complete the internships by the end of 2015.
- Inclusion strategy: best-practice model “Inclusion in Action: Step-by-Step Guide for Immigrant Youth Inclusion in Local Communities“.
- The online platform “Inter(n)changes” for young immigrants and local enterprises/ NGOs.
- Mentoring guidelines “Youth Empowerment through Mentoring: a Guide for Youth Workers”.
- 20 participants trained as Youth Ambassadors for Diversity and Youth Empowerment.
- Coordinator: Crossing Borders (Denmark)
- The People for Change Foundation (Malta)
- CNAM – Pays de la Loire (France)