To create and establish a new and currently absent, yet much needed, international online networking platform connecting European Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and primary and secondary schools that work with disadvantaged migrant and refugee children and aim at providing quality and inclusive education for all.
Despite the long experience of Europe in receiving migrant populations and several previous efforts to make education systems more resilient and responsive to the needs of diverse pupils, the current refugee crisis has significantly challenged the capacity of Europe to provide inclusive and high-quality education for all (EC, 2017a).
In light of the above, we envisioned the ENACTED project that steps in to fill a void by supporting European educational systems, and particularly schools, to respond adequately and effectively to the diverse needs of NAMS (newly arrived migrant students) fostering their integration in both education and society.
- Create an online platform connecting civil society organisations (CSO’s) and primary & secondary schools to provide quality and inclusive education.
- Support formal education providers to respond to the diverse needs of newly arrived migrant students (NAMS) in order to foster their integration in education and society.
- Incorporate governments and policy-makers as vital actors in the design of educational policies and initiatives.
- Produce a Charter of Common Values for Education and Diversity to contribute to non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all in Europe.
- Needs assessment on education systems and policies on inclusive education towards newly arrived migrant students.
- Design and launch of the ‘Inclusive Education Online Platform’.
- Organize virtual and physical round tables.
- Policy recommendations enhancing synergies between formal and non-formal providers, as well as actions to integrate NAMS in education.
- Organization of a final policy conference in Italy.
- Country Policy Profiles for Inclusive Education
- Peer Learning, Mentoring and Crowdsourcing Platform.
- Charter of Common Values for Education and Diversity.
- Teachers will be enabled to exchange ideas with CSO’s on practices towards better inclusion and quality education for NAMS.
- NAMS will be supported in their educational paths.
- Important contribution to the academic and policy debate on successful integration of NAMS in education.