This documentary project was aimed to analyse and compare gender images in four different European countries: Portugal, United Kingdom, Estonia and Italy, and aimed to be a tool to aware youngsters about the “real” gender equality. Specific objectives:
- To raise awareness of the need of gender equality among youngsters.
- To empower young people to be actors in preventing all forms of violence.
- To encourage youth to promote intercultural dialogue and respect for cultural difference.
- To promote youth participation and democratic citizenship.
- Research on gender representation at national level.
- Documentary realization on gender stereotypes in the European Medias and the consequences on violence in the ordinary life (e.g. diseases like anorexia and bulimia).
- Dissemination activities have been done using the produced material of information for awareness campaigns with young people (in the universities, grammars school, associations).
- University Conference “The new Trend of Communication”. Collaboration with the University of Palermo and ADV Group (Advertising) of Palermo and sponsored by the Regional District of Palermo
- Documentary ‘Gender Stereotypes in EU Medias‘
- Coordinator: CESIE (Italy)
- Generating Ideas (Estonia)
- E2000 (United Kingdom)
- GENATHLON, Center for the Interdisciplinary Approach of Human and Natural Systems (Greece)