Across the world, Higher Education Institutions have become potent agents for transformation, contributing to the economic, social and cultural development of their countries. Higher Education Institutions are currently reforming themselves, getting greater and great autonomy, developing their own policies and engaging in strategic planning, in need of demonstrating the results achieved. Thus, the quality of their governance and management is extremely important. What policies and institutional changes can help higher education institutions realise their full potential and implement effective quality assurance mechanisms?
The project SAGESSE – Improving Governance in the Higher Education System in Tunisia aims to strengthen the skills of Tunisian universities in governance, financial management and quality control. In order to develop coherent and effective strategies for national and institutional policies, the project has involved 13 of the main Higher Education Institutions in Tunisia, the Tunisian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the National Authority for Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Accreditation. SAGESSE is an important tool supporting the policies of modernization of the education system with respect to national and international changes.
The project is now approaching its end. During this final period 3 key public events will be organised. If you want to learn more about the impact SAGESSE has had on universities and Higher Education sector in Tunisia in these 3 years we recommend you to save these dates:
- June 23, 2021, a national and institutional dissemination event. It is a meeting finalized to present the work to SAGESSE at the institutional and national level, in order to make known to the entire community of partner universities in Tunisia the main achievements and results of the SAGESSE project and to broaden its use and future use of the deliverables and achievements of the project to all academic and administrative staff. The event is addressed to project partners and to academic and administrative staff of university establishments. The program is available here. Please register here by June 18, 2021 at the latest.
- June 30, 2021, an Information Event for the development of a white paper to define a model of good governance. This initiative will frame certain key macro-themes, the reflections and recommendations of which will converge in the White Paper. Among the sessions organized, several themes will be discussed such as “University autonomy and governance”, “Strategic planning and financial management”, “Quality assurance and quality management system”, “Boosting committees for quality and networking ”and the“ Leadership and dashboards”. The program is available here.
- July 12, 2021, the final conference of the project. This event will have a national and international character, with certainly the presence of the Tunisian community, local authorities, other Ministries interested in the reform of university governance, the delegation of the European Union in Tunisia, the Erasmus+ Office in Tunisia, but also all the other international organizations present in the territory such as, for example, British Campus, AFD, Campus France, AUF, DAAD and others. So the event is addressed to the entire Euro-Mediterranean academic community and the Universities of the network.
For further information on SAGESSE and the events, contact Alessia Valenti:
About the project
SAGESSE is cofunded by Erasmus+ programme, Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, Capacity Building in the field of higher education.
- UNIMED (Italy, coordinator)
- University of Siena (Italy)
- University of Roma “La Sapienza” (Italy)
- University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne(Francia)
- University of Barcellona (Spagna)
- University of Tunisi (Tunisia)
- University of Tunisi El Manar (Tunisia)
- University of Cartagine (Tunisia)
- University of Susa (Tunisia)
- University of Sfax (Tunisia)
- University of Gabès (Tunisia)
- University of Manouba (Tunisia)
- University of Monastir (Tunisia)
- Virtual University of Tunisi (Tunisia)
- University of Kairouan (Tunisia)
- University of Gafsa (Tunisia)
- University of Jendouba (Tunisia)
- University Ez-zitouna (Tunisia)
- Ministry for Higher Education and Scientific Research (Tunisia)
- National Body for Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Accreditation (Tunisia)
- CESIE (Italia)
For further information
Contact Alessia Valenti: firstname.lastname@example.org.