Response of Islands to Covid-19
Article by Strathclyde Centre for Environmental Law and Governance (SCELG) and Islandinnovation
Islands from 34 countries present their stories regarding the following issues:
- What actions are being taken to protect the island community from COVID-19? In particular, how are travel restrictions being put in place and enforced?
- What actions will be taken should people on the island have COVID-19?
- What actions are being taken to ensure that essential goods and services are provided to the island community?
- What actions are being taken to ensure that people working on the islands, not only in the tourism sector, are sustained financially in the short term and in the long term?
- What actions are being taken to ensure the mental well-being of people on the islands?