Today, more and more people are living far from their home contexts and find themselves interacting with different cultures and places, alternately experiencing excitement and a sense of confusion. RAISE believes that cultivating intercultural communication and public speaking skills is helpful in creating safe spaces in which to interact with people from all parts of the world.
If you, too, believe that receiving others’ experiences is inspiring and that it is enriching to exchange ideas with those who have different experiences, participate in the two free workshops offered by Raise and the community-building snack in Palermo!
Shristi, from Nepal: “My experience as a university student in Palermo between opportunities and challenges”
Workshop #1 will be held on November 14 from 4 to 6 p.m. at CESIE, 94 Via Roma, Palermo.
During the meeting we will listen to the story of Shristi, from Nepal, who has recently completed her studies at the University of Palermo. Shristi also created a workshop a few months ago, during a training in Romania, thanks to the support of people from other countries of the world who, like her, were studying or working in a third European state. So during the workshop you will be able to participate in activities designed by Shristi and be inspired by her experience as a university student in Palermo, among bureaucratic, social and cultural opportunities and challenges. In addition, if you wish, you can share the story of a similar experience of your own!
Communi-TEA, between snack and community building
The community-building snack will be held on November 23 at 4.45 p.m., at Fai da Thé, Via Maletto 3, Palermo.
During Workshop #1 we will also clarify the informal activities we will conduct during Communi-TEA.
During the meeting we will have the opportunity to have a snack together, sharing our experiences and reflecting on the value of cultural diversity. The snack will be provided by us!
Let’s Build Our Own Workshops & RAISE Online Course.
The second workshop will be held on November 30 from 4 to 6 p.m. at CESIE, 94 Via Roma, Palermo.
On this occasion we will explore together the course created within the RAISE project. Special attention will be paid to intercultural communication and how to implement your workshop idea, including with the key support of social media. Don’t have one? Don’t worry, we’ll talk about it together!
Who can join the workshops?
- You are 18-30 years old;
- You have a background background and/or you come from a different country;
- You are willing to learn from different people and cultures;
- You have a basic knowledge of English and you wish to practice it;
- You wish to share your ideas and experiences with other people, with the same enthusiasm!
Why should I join these workshops?
- If you study at University of Palermo, you will get credits once you have held your own workshop within the local community you are living in;
- If you are a volunteer from the European Solidarity Corps, the workshop you will have created can be part of your personal project;
- You wish to get to know new people sharing your enthusiasm to put yourself out there;
- To learn or to brush your public-speaking and intercultural communication skills;
- For your own personal growth.
Please, fill out the following module to confirm your participation!
About the project
Raise – Young Refugees’ AI Student Empowerment Program is a project funded by the European Union under the program Erasmus+, KA220-YOU – Cooperation partnerships in youth. The main objective is to support the integration of young migrants and refugees into the labour market by adopting an interactive, integrated and individualised three-pronged approach that includes:
- Assessment of skills through AI.
- A personalized curriculum.
- Practical guidance and support for the provision of workshops in local communities.
- TEACHSURFING GEMEINNUTZIGE UG – HAFTUNGSBES CHRANKT (Germany, coordinator)
- PADAGOGISCHE HOCHSCHUL (Germany)
- CESIE (Italy)
- ASOCIATIA GEYC (Romania)
- CSI CENTER FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION LTD (Cyprus)
For further information
Contact Giulia De Santis: email@example.com.