Mapping Solidarity: ESC opportunity in Palermo for volunteers from France, Greece and Spain
If you are up for a challenge, and willing to dedicate yourself to helping other people, then join new CESIE’s European Solidarity Corps project Mapping Solidarity: a mobility opportunity for young people who want to improve their professional competences and live a unique life experience.
CESIE is seeking a pool of interested young people to involve in the volunteering European Solidarity Corps through the project Mapping Solidarity.
The mission is to bring together young people to build a more inclusive society, supporting vulnerable people and responding to societal challenges. It offers an inspiring and empowering experience for young people who want to help, learn and develop.
It contributes to young people’s citizenship and employability. It is an opportunity to develop and reinforce your transversal skills and Key Competences.
The mobility opportunity is open for 6 young volunteers from Spain, France and Greece, who would like to have an enriching learning experience as non-formal education in a multicultural and dynamic work environment, be involving in activities in no profit organisations in Palermo.
During the project the volunteers will be involved in the following activities supported by a team of experts.
Here is a description of individual long term volunteering activities:
- 6 volunteers (from 3 different participating countries) will carry out volunteering activities lasting 9 months in Palermo (Italy).
- Each volunteer will have a supporting organisation in own home country.
- Management of activities at local/international level: research, group welcoming, training, networking, organization of workshop and non-formal activities, etc.
CESIE will be the main hosting organization, providing: preparation and training of participants, set of volunteering activities to the volunteers. Local organisations will also have a supporting role and as workplacement:
- Centro Astalli: it is a shelter centre for no-EU migrants, refugees and asylum seeker. The main goal activity of the centre is to give concrete tools to those who are moving the first steps towards autonomy.
- La Fraternità : is a cooperative hosting young people and adults with psycho-physical disabilities, providing social care/recreational/education activities.
The volunteers will have the chance to develop team work competences and analysis of internal working dynamics of a project; competences in the field of non-formal education and in the management of groups. The volunteers will be involve in different local initiatives for integration and social inclusion, of people of disadvantage area.
- Age 18 – 30 years’ old
- Spanish, French or Greek Nationality/Resident
- Willing to work in team
- High motivation to improve social skills.
- Interest to work with the target (children, migrants young people and children, people with mental challenges, resident from disadvantage area).
How to get involved?
Please send a motivation letter and cv in English to email@example.com – Deadline: 19th of May 2019.
Where: Palermo, Sicily (Italy)
Hosting organisation: CESIE
Duration: 9 months
When: July 2019 – April 2020
Accommodation and allowance: covered by the hosting organisation
Pocket money & Food money: €295 monthly
Language: English and Italian
What is the European Solidarity Corps (ESC)?
The European Solidarity Corps aims to foster solidarity in the European society, engaging young people and organisations in accessible and high-quality solidarity activities. It offers young people opportunities to show solidarity, express their commitment to the benefit of communities and help resolve challenging situations across Europe. At the same time, these young people have the opportunity to develop their skills and get some invaluable human experience in the process.
Do you want to know more about the European Solidarity Corps?
Discover other opportunities!
If you’re interested in translation and interpreting for NGOs and you want to cooperate with professionals coming from different countries, apply for a translation internship at CESIE!
Call for an Intern in our Finance & Administration Office.
Enrol to the last free workshop on “Human rights and coexistence” of the Ragazzi Harraga project, that is directed to “harraga” girls and boys that are between 15 and 20 years old and that live in Palermo.