Learn Understand Accept: Training for youth workers about discrimination and Anti-gypsyism
Are you a youth worker, a volunteer or are you working in the field of social inclusion of minorities? Would you like to live an interesting training experience abroad?
Learn Understand Accept is a training project for youth workers who want to develop new professional skills, know and deepen processes of equal citizenship and human rights focusing on the social exclusion of Roma communities in different European countries.
The project will involve 21 workers from Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Spain, Romania, and Czech Republic for 6 days from 13 to 20 October 2018 at Řevnice, a city southwest of Prague in the Czech Republic.
We are looking for 3 youth workers interested in these issues and interested in:
- Develop Living Library skills as a non-formal educational method in youth work
- Increase awareness of the negative consequences of discriminatory attitudes, especially for young Roma living in a state of social exclusion.
- Exchange and share realities on Roma exclusion and social exclusion in different European countries;
- Promote tolerance and respect for human rights;
- Launch / organize youth projects and engage in local activities and European institutional decision-making channels.
Where: Řevnice, Czech Republic
Hosting Organisation: InEurope
When: from 13th to 20th October 2018
Participation fee: 60 € (contact us if you cannot afford the fee)
Travel costs: Covered by the Erasmus+ Programme up to a limit of € 275 (as for Erasmus+ Guidelines and Distance Calculator)
Profile of Participants
- Youth workers, facilitators and volunteers involved in Human Rights Education, as well as general intercultural education with Roma young people at local level.
- Age +20 and good level of English.
- Open and responsible mindset
Discover the other opportunities!
TEACHmi offers a cycle of three online training meetings to promote the strenght-based approach and enhance the intercultural character of learning environments.
Would you like to learn more about the Design Thinking methodology? Participate in the ADDET seminar
Are you a teacher or a trainer of professional training courses and want to know more about the methodology of Design Thinking? Join our seminar!
On the occasion of World Autism Awareness Day, we recall the need for greater political and social cooperation to remove the barriers that stand in the way of inclusion and independent living of people with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).