To promote equality and equal participation and representation of all people, with special attention to women, in the European political landscape, fundamental in a democratic society: thisi is the goal of FEM-ABLE.
In order to achieve this, the project envisages the development of national strategies for gender equality that will subsequently be implemented in the local realities of the countries involved. This will involve public institutions and bodies, political parties, local or national associations, activists and civil society as a whole.
The first phase of the project focuses on desk and field research to identify the barriers that perpetuate women’s limited political power and lay the groundwork for developing strategies and policies that promote women’s political representation and safeguard their rights and interests.
the consortium met in Cyprus to organise activities for the coming months:
On February 23rd, the consortium met in Cyprus to organise activities for the coming months.
- a focus group that will be attended by 8 women in political circles – both at an institutional level or activism, with the aim of collecting qualitative information to explore which are the causes of less participation in decision-making procedures. In addition, we are interested in learning about their experiences, opinions and suggestions on how to address this phenomenon and reduce barriers that hinder women’s involvement in political life.
- A questionnaire to collect representative data on how citizens in each country perceive women’s participation in democratic life.
FEM-ABLE represents an important step forward towards gender equality in the European political landscape. Through research, dialogue and collaboration between project partners and the stakeholders involved it is expected to develop and implement successful strategies to promote the women’s political representation and participation.
What do you think about the role of women in politics?
About the project
FEM-ABLE – Promoting women’s participation in the political domain is a project funded by Citizens, Equality, Rights and Value Programme (CERV), which aims to fostering the equal participation and representation of women and men in political decision making by developing and implementing national and European gender equality strategies.
- COFAC – Lusófona University (Portugal, coordinator)
- Social Innovation Fund (SIF) (Lithuania)
- Woman do business (Greece)
- CESIE (Italy)
- La Xixa Teatre Association (Spain)
- Centre for Social Innovation (CSI) (Cyprus)
- UMEA University (Sweden)
For further information
Read more about FEM-ABLE.
Contact Nuria Casablanca: firstname.lastname@example.org.