Health information technology, in the form of telemedicine (TM), electronic medical record, e-health technology, etc. is the future of healthcare sectors to improve their health delivery service quality.
Implementation of e-health is expected to affect the outcomes of medical services positively, by contributing to the effectiveness and efficiency of overall healthcare ecosystem. This becomes more crucial in developing countries such as Lebanon and Egypt where access, finance, resources and competent professionals in healthcare are limited. Despite significant progress in public health over the past 20 years in Lebanon and Egypt, the fundamental conditions for health have not been achieved (Source: Project Application).
Based on this, 18 Institutions from Europe, Egypt and Lebanon coordinated by Linnaeus University put their efforts together to support development of medical links and e-health through ICU Knowledge Triangle, Innovation: Reinforcing of Education – Research E-Health & Medical Links (RERE) project.
The proposal is coordinated by Dr. Mosad Zineldin, Linnaeus University, and will last for three years aiming at reach these specific objectives:
- To establish the international network Centers of e-health Innovations in EG and LB for administrative and technical supporting of e-health research/ consulting / training activities.
- To develop the Knowledge Triangle, innovation: Education-Research- e-health business web platform KTERE for collaboration in development and commercialization of e-Health innovative technologies and tools.
- To develop a new integrated professional short term (6 months) and long term (one year) diploma program in Medical informatics and e-Health (6 basic modules) for partner universities in LE and EG.
- To develop in-service lifelong learning training (LLT) program (4 modules) in the area of e-health innovative Medical/health/IT/engineering. To develop on site and distance in-service training program (4 modules) in the area of innovative E-health for the further utilization of OER (open educational resources) and rich open learning environments.
More details about the project and expected are available in the first NEWSLETTER.
About the project
RERE ICU Knowledge Triangle, Innovation: Reinforcing of Education – Research E-Health & Medical Links (609506-EPP-1-2019-1-SE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP) is funded by Erasmus+ Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education Programme.
- Linnaeus University (coordinator, Sweden)
- University of Genoa (Italy)
- CESIE (Italy)
- Institut für den Donauraum und Mitteleuropa (Austria)
- Tallinn University of technology (Estonia)
- Notre Dame University (Lebanon)
- Lebanese University (Lebanon)
- Beirut Arab University (Lebanon)
- Modern University of Business & Sciences (Lebanon)
- Alexandria University (Egypt)
- British University in Egypt (Egypt)
- October 6 University (Egypt)
- Badr University in Cairo (Egypt)
- AL -Azhar University (Egypt)
- University of Sinai (Egypt)
- Assiut University (Egypt)
- International of Applied Science &Technology (Egypt)
- LEAD health care consultancy (Lebanon)
For further information
Please send email to:
- Grant holder: Dr. Mosad Zineldin, LINNEAUS University
- Partner: CESIE