CITIZEN OPEN LAB – Activism & Participation
Are you a EU citizen and an English speaker? Would you like to meet other European citizens to discuss and learn more about European institutions, citizenship, partecipative democracy, EU elections?
You have the chance to do this by taking part in the online event Citizen Open Lab – Activism & Partecipation, where the topics covered will be addressed according to the open debate formula and working tables to put forward proposals to the attention of European parliamentary representatives.
The Next EU elections in 2024 will be an important juncture to evaluate the active participation of European citizens, especially due to the recent wave of populist movements calling for greater national autonomy, often basing their communication on disinformation tools. Indeed, although the majority of citizens of the Member States are in favor of the EU, the current political context has led to growing extremism with examples of political polarization and manifestations of anti-European sentiment.
The EUNITE! project general objective is therefore to increase the participation of European citizens in the European Parliament elections, to increase their general interest in EU policies, to increase their critical sense in reading information and using the media, through participation in workshops, debates and meetings that promote, encourage and support participatory democracy and civic engagement of European civil society at local, national and transnational levels.
Join the online event Citizen Open Lab – Activism & Participation
February Thursday 15th and Friday 16th, 2024 from 3 pm to 6 pm
by Zoom platform
Before registering, create a Zoom account if you don’t already have one!: https://zoom.us/it/signin#/login
(Having a Zoom account in own name is required to receive the participation certificate)
Thursday February 15th, 2024 – from 3 pm to 6 pm
- General session, in which to discuss specific topics lead by Speaker 1 (20 minutes).
- Interactive workshops on citizenship and ideas for EU policies.
Friday February 16th, 2024 – from 3 pm to 6 pm
- Dino Babic, expert in NGO sector, Local level community development and business development (20 minutes).
- Interactive session on EUNITE Citizens’ Policy Proposals.
EUNITE! EU Citizens Unite and Promote the European Project is a project financed by EU CERV-LS program.
- CESIE (Italia, coordinator)
- Out of The Box – OTB (Belgium)
- Forum Za Slobodu Odgoja-FSO (Croatia)
- Pistes Solidaires (France)
- VIVES University of Applied Sciences (Belgium)
- Perifereia Anatolikis Makedonias kai Thrakis – PAMTH (Greece)
For further information
Contact Mario Badagliacca: firstname.lastname@example.org