How to encourage young people to actively and incisively participate in the European politics?
How to support public authorities and political decision-makers in the realisation of political reforms and more effective initiatives in the field of youth?
The YouthMetre Training Course was developed to help young Europeans understanding and influencing youth policy. The resources are online, and are available for free through the Training page of the project website.
This is a training course developed around the special YouthMetre digital platform: six modules designed to stimulate youth participation and the use of digital tools for structured dialogue. The training package contains more than twenty non-formal activities collected in an easy-to-use e-Toolkit with detailed instructions on how to use them in practice to work with youth groups.
Resources for youth workers
If you are a teacher, a youth worker or an educator, the YouthMetre training material provides you with basic knowledge and practical tools to use in everyday work to engage young people and introduce them in a fun way to the European youth policies and mechanisms that lead to their formation, help them communicate with politicians and design projects and advocacy campaigns in simple steps.
Resources for policy makers
If you are a policy maker, YouthMetre resources will guide you in the consultation and use of important information on the situation of young people in Europe and will provide you with good practices at European level that have improved the lives of young people.
The training course, in English, consists of six modules that address the following topics:
Introduction to the course and the role of trainer
- Youth participation and the YouthMetre approach
- Inside the EU Youth Policy
- Good practices and youth perceptions
- How to advocate and engage with policy makers
- Using information in your policy campaign
YouthMetre training is available in three forms:
- Open Moodle course. Access the course it’s easy, log in as guest and use the password YouthMetre (capital Y and M). The Moodle training course can be attended in a flexible way, gives access to external resources (videos, websites, presentations) and extra material, and proposes auto-reflection activities on your role as trainer.
- E-toolkit available on youthmetre.eu, it contains non-formal education methods organized in Modules, with step-by-step instructions on how to use them with groups of young people.
- Downloadable version. YouthMetre training package includes:
- YouthMetre Training Curriculum – theoretical inputs and practical activities (PDF);
- ANNEX 1 YouthMetre Training Plan– sample training agenda and instructions on how to deliver the training face-to-face (PDF);
- ANNEX 2 YouthMetre Training Materials(printable working sheets, resources and presentations to use during face to face training sessions – 10Mb zip file).
Explore the new learning resources of YouthMetre now, choose the version of the training material that better suits you and start encouraging young people’s participation in democratic life!
YouthMetre is co-financed by the Erasmus+ Programme, Key Action 3 – Support for policy reform with the aim to support EU Member States, municipalities and regions in carrying out effective policy reforms in the field of Youth.
The project partnership holds together 6 organisations:
- EUROGEO – European Association of Geographers (Belgium, coordinator);
- UNIVERSIDAD DE ZARAGOZA (Spain);
- EYP – European Youth Press – Network of young media makers e.V. (Germany):
- ALDA – European Association for Local Democracy (France);
- ARS for Progress (Belgium);
- CESIE (Italy).
For further information on the project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.