We wondered about this earlier in September when, together with the Amarena collective of Mussomeli, the Senza Fissa Dimona association of Marineo, and the Felicia Impastato cultural center of San Cataldo, we participated in the workshop of the #Wecolead project aimed at promoting active citizenship for young women.
The specific goal of this project is to explore the role that nonformal education can play in providing tools for young women so that they can act as leaders and forces of change in their communities toward sustainability, equality and inclusion.
Young women’s leadership plays a crucial role in building resilient communities, so fostering their sense of initiative, economic empowerment, and supporting their voice is beneficial both for them as individuals and for the community in the future perspective.
While women’s economic empowerment can accelerate economic activity and potentially lead to greater environmental sustainability, it is also true that it could mitigate the environmental impact of such growth through greater resource use efficiency. However, this cannot be achieved if gender equality continues to suffer setbacks during crises such as COVID-19.
In this regard, today we presented to the same group that participated in the workshop, a toolkit of useful tools to support the political participation and leadership of young women.
Specifically, these tools are:
- A collection of exercises and methodologies, which aims to increase self-entrepreneurship among young women.
- An activity planning workshop for young women leaders and/or organizations that want to work on women’s empowerment.
- Organizational tools and methods to support organizations working with women in developing their work strategy.
You will soon find them among the downloadable resources on our website.
About the project
#WeCoLead – Young Women’s Leadership for Collaborative Sustainable Communities is a project funded by the program Erasmus+ KA220-YOU – Cooperation partnerships in youth.
- SWIdeas (Sweden, coordinator)
- COMM’ON (Greece)
- CESIE (Italy)
- Formation et Sensibilisation de Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
- SZUBJEKTIV ERTEKEK ALAPITVANY (Hungary)
For further information
Contact Claudia Fauzia: email@example.com