After much anticipation, the time has finally come to declare the winning group of REBUILD‘s National Contest.
From 15th to 19th March you can vote for your favourite initiative via the Rebuild website. The winning group will have the opportunity to attend the International Youth Summit in Brussels where they will meet young people from other European countries involved in the project.
Over the past few months, five groups of young people have designed and implemented a number of local initiatives with a social and environmental impact, and a small communication campaign on the same topics. All the initiatives have generated amazing results! Only one group, however, will have the opportunity to participate in the International Youth Summit. This international conference will be held in early May in Brussels and will be attended by all the winning groups from the REBUILD project partner countries.
Here we present them briefly:
- Rebuild Mediterraneo – by Mediterraneo Community. The redevelopment of an underused space in the community for minors through creative recycling and the self-construction of furniture elements and a small urban garden.
- Stellaria Eco Festival – by Stellaria Community. A sports event to raise awareness around waste collection in public sport spaces organized by the community for unaccompanied minors.
- The Amunì Compà Map – of the Gruppo Appartamento Senegal. A digital map of Palermo in 5 different languages created by a group of unaccompanied foreign minors to help other foreign boys and girls find their way around the city and find places to meet.
- Cubotto, the interactive ashtray – by the TuSeiLaCittà association. An interactive ashtray that asks questions to sensitise smokers to dispose of cigarette ends correctly.
- Rebuild Your Thoughts – from the Rebuild Your Thoughts group. A guide to become more aware of the stereotypes perpetrated in the media against people with a migration background, based on an analysis of some local newspapers.
The winning group will be decided 50% by a public vote in which everyone can participate, and 50% by a jury vote composed by a member of CESIE and two external members. The external members represent two associations of the REBUILD Youth Network: The Youth Council of Gratteri and Impatto APS.
The Jury will assess the initiatives on the basis of criteria such as:
- The management of the initiative, coordination and commitment of team members.
- The content of the idea, the creativity and the potential to bring about a positive and lasting change in society.
- The sustainability, replicability and transferability of the idea.
- The involvement of other realities and other young people.
The dissemination and visibility of the initiatives promoted online and offline
From 15th to 19th March you too can participate in the online vote!
On the Rebuild website you can read descriptions, watch photo and video stories produced by the groups and vote for your favourite.
About the project
REBUILD – Rebuilding society through youth engagement is a project funded by the program EACEA (Key Action 3 – European Youth Together), and is aimed at rebuilding youth civic participation after the COVID19 pandemic.
- CESIE (Italy, coordinator)
- D’Antilles et D’Ailleurs (Martinique)
- KMOP (Greece)
- Iniciativa Internacional Joven (AIIJ) (Spain)
- Active Youth Association (Lithuania)
- CARDET (Cyprus)
- Out of the Box International (Belgium)
For further information
Contact Alice Valenza: email@example.com