AG4C: Sport, physical activity and socioemotional competences in young offenders
How do we help young people in conflict with the law integrate back into society?
Is there a way to improve their social, emotion and citizenship competencies in an engaging way?
The partners of ActiveGames4Change project have been working hard to come up with the best answers to these questions and to find the most engaging way of linking sports & physical activity with social, emotional and citizenship competences development in young offenders.
With this in mind, on the 17th and 18th October 2019, during the 2nd partner meeting in historical Izmir, Turkey, partners of ActiveGames4Change met in what was a very fruitful meeting. Thanks to each partner’s expertise and contribution, the design of the manual with games, physical activities and aims to be used in secure and community settings with young offenders were set in motion. Partners also decided on how the mobile app that will support the project will look like and adapt to each partner country restrictions; and have started planning the next steps to be taken.
What’s coming next?
- Partners will begin involving different secure settings where the implementation of the sport and physical activities will take place. The aim is to empower educators and staff working with young offenders in using the ActiveGames4Change method.
- The preparations for the next meeting and training of trainers in Romania on May 2020 have started. Trainers that will work in secure settings will learn how to use the games and activities.
- In Spring 2020 a workshop for educators & staff of secure settings on the AG4C methodology and resources will take place in Palermo.
- In Autumn 2021 a workshop for policy-makers involved in the education and correctional fields on the AG4C resources for young offenders will take place in Palermo.
- In November 2021, a selection of policy-makers working with young offenders will have the opportunity to fly to Brussels and intervene in the European Parliament in the AG4C Final Conference.
About the project
ActiveGames4Change: Sports and Physical Activity Learning Environment for Citizenship, Emotional, Social e-Competences is cofunded by Erasmus+, KA3 Social inclusion and common values: the contribution in the field of education, training and youth.
The project activities are managed by the following partners:
- Coordinator: University of Gloucestershire (UK),
- University of Beira Interior (Portugal),
- CESIE (Italy),
- Aproximar (Portugal),
- IPS – Innovative Prison Systems (Portugal),
- Centrul pentru Promovarea Invatarii Permanente – CPIP (Romania),
- BAGázs Public Benefit Association (Hungary),
- Republic of Turkey Ministry of Justice – General Directorate of Prisons and Detention Houses Izmir Probation Directorate (Turkey),
- Fundación Diagrama Intervencion Psicosocial (Spain),
- Centrul de Detenție Craiova (Romania).