REFORM: Reinforcing Educator’s Competences for Counselling and Motivation
How do we help teachers in career counselling in school?
How does counselling, given by teachers, help in motivating students to learn, to look for a job?
The new REFORM project has officially started at the end of October with the main aims to:
- To collect learning and teaching methodologies in the sphere of career guidance at schools
- To test, adapt and implement innovative practices that can provide skills professionals will need in their work as career advisors
- To support students in choosing their future education or job so to reduce the number of early school leavers, youth unemployment or NEETs.
REFORM will develop a methodology for professional guidance, which provides teachers with tools and methods for their daily work within the classes. Moreover, the innovative activities will include:
- The implementation, through a series of tests and workshops, of innovative practices
- The organization of an international training course for educators as well as several events and activities for dissemination
The kick off meeting took place at the 119 Secondary School “Academician Mihail Arnaudov” (Sofia, Bulgaria) from 22 to 23 October 2018. The project has been introduced by Rumyana Shalamanova, partner of the project and career counselling expert for Znam i Moga – Know and Can association.
During the kick off meeting, the partners expressed their intention to develop an integrated methodology for professional guidance in schools. This methodology will include a bag of tricks of advices on how to work with different target groups of pupils aged 12-14, 14-16, 16-18. The methodology will be elaborated in English and translated into 6 different languages. We will be responsible for communicating and disseminating the results of the project.
The next meeting will take place on 13-14 May 2019 at the Olympic Training & Consulting (Pyrgos, Greece), an organization active in career counselling and vocational training, operating in various fields of activity: education, economics and management, tourism, agriculture etc.
About the project
REFORM – Reinforcing Educator’s Competences for Counselling and Motivation is cofunded by Erasmus+ programme: Key Action 2, Strategic Partnership.
The project holds together 7 organisations: