Are you a teacher, a mentor, a teacher trainee, or an e-Twinner with an interest in mentoring newcomers in the teaching profession? If you are, you should take the opportunity to join the brand-new eTwinning Group “Mentoring in Induction Programs”.
eTwinning is the community of schools in Europe and is an initiative co-funded by Erasmus+, the European Programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport. eTwinning provides a platform for school staff (teachers, school leaders, librarians, etc.) from participating countries to communicate, collaborate, develop projects and share ideas; in short, to participate in Europe’s most exciting community of teachers.
The eTwinning Group “Mentoring in Induction Programs” has been created in the framework of the project LOOP – Scaffolding in Teacher Development: Mentoring and Mentors in Induction Programs. Compared with other activities that the induction programs may include such as scheduled meetings, assistance with planning, class evaluation, peer review and team teaching, “mentoring activities are the most widely agreed upon and they are considered essential to the practice of teaching and students’ performance” (OECD, 2019). Focusing on supporting and coaching the mentor, mentoring is one of the main stages of induction programs.
Making the most out if the LOOP project’s own resources, the current group aims at:
- fostering European citizenship and developing the teaching profession through shared experiences among the participating countries;
- promoting online learning community networks and innovative pedagogical practices among teachers, school leaders and other stakeholders
- influencing teacher training policies in order to strengthen international and intergenerational cooperation
- contributing to the valorization of the teaching career by offering support, feedback and guidance;
- ensuring the access to and success rate of different mentoring programs.
Do you already have an eTwinning account? Sign in to the LOOP group by clicking here:
Would you be interested in joining us? Send an e-mail to Martina Romano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the eTwinning community go to www.etwinning.net.
About the project
LOOP – Scaffolding in Teachers Development: Mentoring and Mentors in Induction Programs is co-funded by Erasmus+ programme, KA2 Strategic Partnership SCHOOL.
- Casa do Professor, Coordinator (Portugal)
- 1º Peiramatiko Gymnasio Athinas (Greece)
- ASDPESO // Colégio João Paulo II (Portugal)
- CESIE (Italy)
- ETHNIKO KAI KAPODISTRIAKO PANEPISTIMIO ATHINON (Greece)
- Gymnasiale Oberstufe des Schulzentrums Carl von Ossietzky (Germany)
- IPSSEOA Pietro Piazza (Italy)
For further information
Contact Martina Romano: email@example.com.