Provide young people with the entrepreneurial competences and skills necessary to promote social, green and collective action.
In all partner countries there is a significant number of NEETs and high youth unemployment, with increased rates of both in rural areas. On the other hand, we are witnessing the escalation of the climate crisis and experiencing a whole set of consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The YURI project aims to react to those challenges by promoting innovative forms of social and collective entrepreneurship among young people living in rural and urban contexts and actively involving them in the fight against climate change.
- To provide young people aged 16 – 25 with competences and skills to engage in the field of green social entrepreneurship.
- To foster peer-to-peer dialogue among young people from urban and rural contexts in order to promote mutual learning and the exchange of knowledge related to green and social entrepreneurship.
- To advocate in favour of social and green entrepreneurship as a way to create new self-employment opportunities for young people.
- Development of an innovative methodology in the field of social and green entrepreneurship (YURI method).
- Pilot testing the YURI method with young people and youth workers.
- Training youth workers and youth organisations on the YURI handbook.
- Connecting and empowering young people from project countries through a blended training.
- Rural-urban youth handbook for collective and green entrepreneurship (YURI handbook).
- Improved youth workers and young people competences and skills to promote social and green initiatives within their communities.
- Increased the opportunities for youth self-employment both in urban and rural areas.
- Raised awareness at local, national and European levels of the importance of promoting collective green, social entrepreneurship in the youth field.
- Associacio La Xixa Teatre (Spain, coordinator)
- ELAN INTERCULTUREL (France)
- CESIE (Italy)
- MB HOMO EMINENS (Lithuania)
- NEOLEA GIA ANTALAGI KAI KATANOISI (Cyprus)
- Reframe (Belgium)
- FUNDACION CEPAIM ACCION INTEGRAL CON MIGRANTES (Spain)