- To promote the intercultural exchange between the volunteers and the local community, facilitating intercultural dialogue and the abolishment of prejudices and stereotypes.
- To contribute to the objectives of the 2010 European Year for Combating Poverty and Social Exclusion by developing activities with poor and excluded people and by promoting an awareness of the poverty existing in Palermo and in Europe and how it can be combated through empowerment and capacity building within the community.
- Facilitate each volunteer’s personal and professional development through the acquisition of new skills, capabilities and experiences.
- UBUNTU III Blog, Experience is valuable to share.
- The volunteers will be integrated into activities in different local projects of CESIE: Ubuntu – an intercultural playgroup; Giardino di Madre Teresa – an intercultural kindergarten; S. Chiara – a project that hosts recently arrived immigrants, providing advice and orientation and childcare facilities; Casa di tutte le genti – a project located in a difficult and poor area of Palermo (Zisa) supporting families in everyday situations and promoting the culture of integration and solidarity. Centro Astalli – political refugees and migrants centre – located in the neighbourhood of Ballarò which addresses mainly migrants, asylum seekers and refugees temporarily or permanently in the Province of Palermo, children, women, families and homeless. Centro Agape – centre for homeless and socially excluded that also carry out Global Educational activities in the schools- Libera – an association that promotes justice and fight against mafias through educational programs regarding multicultural integration fighting the xenophobic thinking.
- Participation in the daily life of the projects, development of and participation in plays, music, film festivals and intercultural events.
- Workshops involving members of the community from different generations.
- Coordinator: CESIE (Italy)
- EIL (United Kingdom)
- Pistes-Solidaires (France)
- El Consul Youth Association (Spain)
- Continuous Action (Estonia)
- Fekete Sereg (Hungary)
- InfoEck Youth Information Centre Tirol (Austria)